BM3 3.0.14 update now in the appstore

Please post any issues you found here.
Thank you

Comments

• edited September 2020

Had two crashes in a row after updating when using the new color palette selector. Filled up most of a palette then when selecting a grey/dark blue it froze then crashed. Twice ..same thing.

• @BitterGums said:
    Had two crashes in a row after updating when using the new color palette selector. Filled up most of a palette then when selecting a grey/dark blue it froze then crashed. Twice ..same thing.

Thank you will report.

• It won’t open after updating. I’m on iOS 11 though. Is it 100% working on that? Thanks.

• edited September 2020

@cte
    I think someone else reported a similar problem with the previous update too.

I think we found out that iOS12 is the minimum requirement for BM3 now.

• edited September 2020

Makes sense

• @tk32 said:
    @cte

Ok. Thank you. There was no warning when it updated via the AppStore. It still says iOS 11 compatible. I’ve reverted to 3.0.13 and it’s working again.

• @cte said:

@tk32 said:
    @cte

Ok. Thank you. There was no warning when it updated via the AppStore. It still says iOS 11 compatible. I’ve reverted to 3.0.13 and it’s working again.

How have you reverted to a previous version?

• Hey. BeatMaker 3 automatically updated and a whole guitar track from a session got deleted. Also, drums that were reversed in the intro now plays as if they weren’t.

Please get back to me ASAP. This is extremely frustrating. The guitar recording can’t even be found anywhere on my iPad. This app is so good in so many ways but if critical issues like these keep coming up, then I’ll have no choice but to find another DAW.

I appreciate this app.

• edited October 2020

@MARSrover said:
    Hey. BeatMaker 3 automatically updated and a whole guitar track from a session got deleted. Also, drums that were reversed in the intro now plays as if they weren’t.

Please get back to me ASAP. This is extremely frustrating. The guitar recording can’t even be found anywhere on my iPad. This app is so good in so many ways but if critical issues like these keep coming up, then I’ll have no choice but to find another DAW.

I appreciate this app.

-First remove automatic updates for anything iOS, apps and operating system.
    -We need more info, what iPad, iOS version ect...
    -If you project is lost try to see if there was an auto save session in the session folder. If that doesn’t work then I’m afraid you’ll have to redo the project as we can’t help you recover a lost session.

• Yo, I’m wanting to update but wanted to make sure it’s stable first, is it more stable then the last update?? How is it running Turnado and fabfilter?? Those my main AUs I use on everything... thanks in advance.

• edited October 2020

@MARSrover

I'm afraid Hans makes a good point. You gotta take personal responsibility for your own app update settings. Same with iOS updates. Don't let Apple control this for you.

I don't understand why you are having this problem with your project - none of the BM3 beta testers reported anything like this. The good news is that you should be able to locate all the missing audio files - although they may turn out to be in the (now retired) Unsaved Sessions folder, depending on how tight your housekeeping habits were when you made the track.

Another piece of good news is that, now that unsaved sessions is gone and the autosave system is improved, users should find they have far less issues with missing samples.

Good luck - and let us know if you need any more help.

• @selfinflict3 said:
    Yo, I’m wanting to update but wanted to make sure it’s stable first, is it more stable then the last update?? How is it running Turnado and fabfilter?? Those my main AUs I use on everything... thanks in advance.

I do t use Turnado but I opened older projects with a lot of fabfilter plugins with no issues. I use fabfilter Eq and Pro L in all my projects and so far no issues.

• @hansjbs said:

@selfinflict3 said:
    Yo, I’m wanting to update but wanted to make sure it’s stable first, is it more stable then the last update?? How is it running Turnado and fabfilter?? Those my main AUs I use on everything... thanks in advance.

I do t use Turnado but I opened older projects with a lot of fabfilter plugins with no issues. I use fabfilter Eq and Pro L in all my projects and so far no issues.

Thank you🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾

• Update added all the default samples
    Packs , grrr now I gotta delete all that .

• I’m having issues with recording automation still, have only tried Turnado and nothing came out right,. Is this still a known issue, or am I doing something wrong???

• edited October 2020

@selfinflict3 said:
    I’m having issues with recording automation still, have only tried Turnado and nothing came out right,. Is this still a known issue, or am I doing something wrong???

There are still known issues with the way automation is recorded for ‘some’ plugins. More changes by Intua are in the works, so I’ll let you know when I have more news about this.

• Thank you 😊

• @cte said:

@tk32 said:
    @cte

Same problem here...
    How do you revert tothe previous version!?

• edited January 2021

@mrSgu said:

@cte said:

@tk32 said:
    @cte

Same problem here...
    How do you revert tothe previous version!?

Can't. iOS makes that impossible. Maybe the device is jailbroken?