Why this forum is so quiet... (hint: Discord)

edited September 2020 in General

We mostly chat about BM3 in Discord these days.

Come and join us.

Comments

• Except there’s no historical searchable record in Discord, right? Chat is all well and good, but it doesn’t suit my needs.

• Ditto, I prefer forums as well.

Just hope BM3 gets at least a few updates during 2021.
    I'm back to desktop with Renoise & Logic Pro and use the iPad as a sound-module to sample sounds from...

Cheers!

• edited January 2021

@mwlcarter said:
    Except there’s no historical searchable record in Discord, right? Chat is all well and good, but it doesn’t suit my needs.

Agreed. Discord is great, and does include a searchable log, but it's not the best tool for keeping an organised thread-based historical record in the way that a forum does, which is why we are still active here on the forum (although with slightly less frequency).

• @samu said:
    Ditto, I prefer forums as well.

I'm back to desktop with Renoise & Logic Pro and use the iPad as a sound-module to sample sounds from...

Cheers!

I give up BM3 too. As it look like a living dead theses days.
    Still hope for a miracle

• I wont be using discord, i came here cuz it was a private non-data-mine forum that was easy to find what i was looking for and had an awesome group of people. Yo, if its not broke, dont fix it!

• edited January 2021

That's fine @cyp3 - I avoid Facebook for similar reasons - then again, some of the toxic users you find there are just as compelling a reason to avoid.

The beauty of Discord is that there is zero-advertising, and there's nothing I type there that I would be uncomfortable being data-mined.

We're still here and continue using these forums.

• Yeah seems real quiet around here these days and I haven't been on Discord much either but then I've hardly been using BM3. I think that could change if it comes to the Mac M1 Mini tho!

• Im sorry to keep going on about it, but I just went onto Discord and its a complete mess. It looks like a fine place to hang out and socialize but I have no clue how to find solutions to problems there, or research specific topics, its all on a few long messy lists. I was expecting somthing better than we had here, we have a good thing here.

if its not broke why do we need to fix it?

If everyone else leaves, I will still be here till they boot me or till apple breaks BM one last time and dude loses his mind and decides to go get a job working for apple making tamper proof dongles or whatever devs do when they lose it. 👻

• I'm slowly but surely starting to loose interest in BM3. The phase at which development or lack thereof is going is beginning to look like the product of really bad project / resource management...

WWDC'22 is upon us in a few months time and I won't cry or miss BM3 if iPadOS16 breaks it...

Cheers!

• I’m here because I can’t find anything useful in Discord. I went to the link shown above and what I found doesn’t even seem to be about Beatmaker. Am I missing something?

• It’s because Intua keeps removing purchased sound packs, the app keeps crashing, it’s extremely hard to use for beginners, the app is immensely flawed, the beatmaker grand piano sounds like a cat dying , not enough instrumentals in the soundstore, no customer support amongst an enormous amount of issues!!!

• @billbennettnz said:
    I’m here because I can’t find anything useful in Discord. I went to the link shown above and what I found doesn’t even seem to be about Beatmaker. Am I missing something?

• @samu said:
    I'm slowly but surely starting to loose interest in BM3. The phase at which development or lack thereof is going is beginning to look like the product of really bad project / resource management...

WWDC'22 is upon us in a few months time and I won't cry or miss BM3 if iPadOS16 breaks it...

Cheers!

@samu said:
    I'm slowly but surely starting to loose interest in BM3. The phase at which development or lack thereof is going is beginning to look like the product of really bad project / resource management...

Cheers!

• @cyp3 said:
    Im sorry to keep going on about it, but I just went onto Discord and its a complete mess. It looks like a fine place to hang out and socialize but I have no clue how to find solutions to problems there, or research specific topics, its all on a few long messy lists. I was expecting somthing better than we had here, we have a good thing here.

If everyone else leaves, I will still be here till they boot me or till apple breaks BM one last time and dude loses his mind and decides to go get a job working for apple making tamper proof dongles or whatever devs do when they lose it. 👻

@cyp3 said:
    Im sorry to keep going on about it, but I just went onto Discord and its a complete mess. It looks like a fine place to hang out and socialize but I have no clue how to find solutions to problems there, or research specific topics, its all on a few long messy lists. I was expecting somthing better than we had here, we have a good thing here.

• @samu said:

Cheers!

@jeezs said:

@samu said:

Cheers!

Still hope for a miracle

@jeezs said:

@samu said:

Cheers!

Still hope for a miracle

• Can’t believe anyone has the nerve to ask why the forum is so quiet as if the beatmaker 3 is a grand prize

• Hey guys, I’ve just joined this forum because I am having trouble with BM3. 1. The timing just sounds off ! I am quite experienced at chopping up sampled loops and getting them sounding tight but against a kick drum I have everything sounds out a time !
    2. I’m using BASSalicious and sometimes I hit record and start to tap in a bass line with the virtual keyboard and it won’t even record what I’m playing. And now sometimes as I record as I hit the first note on the keyboard it has a fit and changes to another channel !
    I would really appreciate it if you could let me know if BM3 is at all useable or has it not been updated for so long that it is always gonna give me problems. Thanks so much in advance, josh 👊😎👍

• @starman said:
    Hey guys, I’ve just joined this forum because I am having trouble with BM3. 1. The timing just sounds off ! I am quite experienced at chopping up sampled loops and getting them sounding tight but against a kick drum I have everything sounds out a time !
    2. I’m using BASSalicious and sometimes I hit record and start to tap in a bass line with the virtual keyboard and it won’t even record what I’m playing. And now sometimes as I record as I hit the first note on the keyboard it has a fit and changes to another channel !
    I would really appreciate it if you could let me know if BM3 is at all useable or has it not been updated for so long that it is always gonna give me problems. Thanks so much in advance, josh 👊😎👍

Answered in the other thread you posted in. You may want to scroll up to the link in this thread about the Discord server to get more active attention for your questions.

• Hey, Thanks so much bro 🕺🏼

• edited July 2023

Thanks

• I don’t mean to offend, and I have complained about just about every instrument I have ever used , it is an emotional roller coaster ride learning a new instrument, be it hardware, software or something made out of a tree. It is also frustrating when we break something that we loved…. we want to blame everyone but the person who stubbed our toe…. ….

INTUA, understand they released BM3 in like 2017 or 18 and APPLE is a company built on planned obsolescence. I.E. they break everything!!!! If you care about your older apps, do not sit and update over and over so you can get little widgets Apple convinced you is worth losing you original apps and breaking the rest for. They want devs to make apps that break so you AND the dev enter into a never ending cycle of consumerism and running after that carrot.

To save the rant, I hope us folks who love BM3 are able to rise through the noise of the tissy fits and trolls. YES there are legit complaints, there will always be a bug fix list, and there will ALWAYS be a wish list a mile long and longer for any app worth a shit. BUT even the most generous and passionate get burned tf out , and they get burned out even faster when haters hate and the bills are late. So if you don’t like BM, move on, or share your details so an army of folks who do can come over and show your projects the same vitriol. Sorry you spent your $30 life savings and five years later your life is wrecked because of it.

Keep in mind it is 2023 and both Akai and Roland have failed to produce anything close. ( the actual MPC eats turds compared to BM3 for the cost and resources they dumped i to it) Akai hired the iMPC built via subcontractor , Roland purchased an existing daw and renamed it. To this date, only Korg made a closed system where they ported LIMITED and simplified versions of ported apps they made for iOS , Gadget is awesome , it is stable but BUT Korg NEVER listened to you, they charged you well for every little thing they gave you, and they had financial backing to drop hardware controllers, and to partner with Nintendo , to make an AI port , to take it from iOS to actual computer….. we can not hold Intua to the same expectations unless we are willing to join the team and work for free like we are expecting them to. I mean how many years service does $30 get you? How long does this person have to piss his life away at a computer while the rest of us have families and friends and parties and careers, and fancy toys we pay real money for? We will happily drop cash on the most stupid shit and yet someone who made something like this that is awesome for the first couple years then we turn into these hater trolls a decade later? Wtf?

• All true. I am one of the earliest adopters. Bought "iTouch" before BM1 was even released, and worked on all versions. It is undeniably true that BM3 is far superior than MPC, and its workflow is way more intuitive.
    However, Intua most probably realised they cannot commercially run it, although, they could copy what Lumafusion did in video (for the best part they were doing it years before anyone else), but it seems they ran out of steam. I hope they pick it up, because they deserve it, and BM should not wilt in front of these mediocre opportunists who waited until iPads became super powerful to invest in their apps. So, let's hope. I am grateful for their work since 2007.
    I hope everyone reads this article:

https://cdm.link/2017/12/beatmaker-caught-ios-music-trend-even-started/

@cyp3 said:
    I don’t mean to offend, and I have complained about just about every instrument I have ever used , it is an emotional roller coaster ride learning a new instrument, be it hardware, software or something made out of a tree. It is also frustrating when we break something that we loved…. we want to blame everyone but the person who stubbed our toe…. ….

INTUA, understand they released BM3 in like 2017 or 18 and APPLE is a company built on planned obsolescence. I.E. they break everything!!!! If you care about your older apps, do not sit and update over and over so you can get little widgets Apple convinced you is worth losing you original apps and breaking the rest for. They want devs to make apps that break so you AND the dev enter into a never ending cycle of consumerism and running after that carrot.

To save the rant, I hope us folks who love BM3 are able to rise through the noise of the tissy fits and trolls. YES there are legit complaints, there will always be a bug fix list, and there will ALWAYS be a wish list a mile long and longer for any app worth a shit. BUT even the most generous and passionate get burned tf out , and they get burned out even faster when haters hate and the bills are late. So if you don’t like BM, move on, or share your details so an army of folks who do can come over and show your projects the same vitriol. Sorry you spent your $30 life savings and five years later your life is wrecked because of it.

Keep in mind it is 2023 and both Akai and Roland have failed to produce anything close. ( the actual MPC eats turds compared to BM3 for the cost and resources they dumped i to it) Akai hired the iMPC built via subcontractor , Roland purchased an existing daw and renamed it. To this date, only Korg made a closed system where they ported LIMITED and simplified versions of ported apps they made for iOS , Gadget is awesome , it is stable but BUT Korg NEVER listened to you, they charged you well for every little thing they gave you, and they had financial backing to drop hardware controllers, and to partner with Nintendo , to make an AI port , to take it from iOS to actual computer….. we can not hold Intua to the same expectations unless we are willing to join the team and work for free like we are expecting them to. I mean how many years service does $30 get you? How long does this person have to piss his life away at a computer while the rest of us have families and friends and parties and careers, and fancy toys we pay real money for? We will happily drop cash on the most stupid shit and yet someone who made something like this that is awesome for the first couple years then we turn into these hater trolls a decade later? Wtf?