Why this forum is so quiet... (hint: Discord)

edited September 2020 in General

We mostly chat about BM3 in Discord these days.

Come and join us.

Comments

• Except there’s no historical searchable record in Discord, right? Chat is all well and good, but it doesn’t suit my needs.

• Ditto, I prefer forums as well.

Just hope BM3 gets at least a few updates during 2021.
    I'm back to desktop with Renoise & Logic Pro and use the iPad as a sound-module to sample sounds from...

Cheers!

• edited January 13

@mwlcarter said:
    Except there’s no historical searchable record in Discord, right? Chat is all well and good, but it doesn’t suit my needs.

Agreed. Discord is great, and does include a searchable log, but it's not the best tool for keeping an organised thread-based historical record in the way that a forum does, which is why we are still active here on the forum (although with slightly less frequency).

• @samu said:
    Ditto, I prefer forums as well.

Just hope BM3 gets at least a few updates during 2021.
    I'm back to desktop with Renoise & Logic Pro and use the iPad as a sound-module to sample sounds from...

Cheers!

I give up BM3 too. As it look like a living dead theses days.
    Still hope for a miracle

• I wont be using discord, i came here cuz it was a private non-data-mine forum that was easy to find what i was looking for and had an awesome group of people. Yo, if its not broke, dont fix it!

• edited January 26

That's fine @cyp3 - I avoid Facebook for similar reasons - then again, some of the toxic users you find there are just as compelling a reason to avoid.

The beauty of Discord is that there is zero-advertising, and there's nothing I type there that I would be uncomfortable being data-mined.

We're still here and continue using these forums.

• Yeah seems real quiet around here these days and I haven't been on Discord much either but then I've hardly been using BM3. I think that could change if it comes to the Mac M1 Mini tho!