Feature request: Odd time signatures

edited December 2011 in General
Hi, I'm new to the forum but not new to BeatMaker. I think it is an awesome app and was one of the reasons why I got my iPod and then later iPhone. I know this may have been requested before but I thought I'd start a new thread anyway (hopefully this will turn out a little better than the "Musically Ambitious" thread). I play stringed instruments in various styles and could really use odd time signature support. The vast majority of my repertoire (only a few of which are originals) is in either 6/8,7/8 or 9/8. This unfortunately puts the app into the rehearsal realm only. I'd like to actually use it on gigs. If the developers could find it in their hearts to add this functionality I'd be very grateful and I think others would be too.

Comments

• edited 6:42PM
    I think it is possible to make beatmaker, somehow,to play and function within these odd signatures by way of bar length and metronome, by way of adding more patterns of different bar lenght...
    this is a very good question and issue...when I've figured out more I´d be glad to share it ...
    greetings,
    profundis.
  • I too will buy beatmaker the moment it supports odd time signatures and the ability to change time sig mid song.

At least half of my repertoire requires this in some way.....