Apple M1 chip

when will we see beat maker 3 on the new apple M1 chip?

Comments

• Who knows.

I'm not sure many iOS devs see this as a priority currently. It would only really make sense if all of the Auv3 plugins I use were also compatible - and I don't think that will be happening any time soon.

• Considering the pace of bug fixes and feature additions for just one platform, it's hard to imagine adding another platform to worry about as being a good thing.

• I'm curious as to whether M1 is making people rethink music on the iPad at all. Based on the reviews i've seen (one guy chucked his $15K cheese-grater for an M1 mini!) I have thought more than once about picking up an M1X when they come out later this year.

But I have to say I do love the simplicity of picking up my iPad and playing with beats, even if it's a little rougher/less elegant than a full laptop studio solution...

• I use an iPad mini 5 for portable use and didn’t see the need to carry around an iPad Pro (1,000$) if I spent 1000$ I’d buy a M1 and not an iPad Pro. Looks like I’m still rocking the mini till devs really start seeing the need to be on iPhone/iPad/Computer . You would think with apples new platform with the m1 devs would see $ Dollar signs and want to make there product available on Mac OS X. I will continue to have hope for the future.

• It would be game
    Changing if apple updated to touch screen laptop + auv3.

• edited February 2021

@mushroomjesus said:
    I use an iPad mini 5 for portable use and didn’t see the need to carry around an iPad Pro (1,000$) if I spent 1000$ I’d buy a M1 and not an iPad Pro. Looks like I’m still rocking the mini till devs really start seeing the need to be on iPhone/iPad/Computer . You would think with apples new platform with the m1 devs would see $ Dollar signs and want to make there product available on Mac OS X. I will continue to have hope for the future.

I think you greately over-estimate the revenue potential vs. the hassle. I've no data to back that up though.

• Got to say the Mac M1 Mini is very intriguing to me. I hope its successful. I seen a few reviews and it seems to have lots of potential!