Booch138 - The Figure 7 (Trip-Hop/Industrial)

edited April 2009 in BeatMakers Showcase
Hey guys,

Here is another track of mine. This one is vastly different, and in my opinion more polished, than my last track. This is more of a slower "Trip-Hop" kind of song with some slight industrial roots. I suck at genre naming, so bear with me. Comments and constructional criticism are always absolutly welcomed and encouraged.

http://soundcloud.com/booch138/the-figure-7

Once I get more tracks out for a full album, I plan on editing and reworking things that need to be, and this song is no exception. There are already flaws with it, but its still a decent track.

Comments

• edited 12:11PM
    Do you run your tracks through any kind of Compressor program? I like the track, but I had to listen to it with my volume lower so the bass didn't vibrate out the higher frequencies. I admit, I don't have the greatest speakers, but I found when I had the same situation on some of my pieces, running them through a compressor, I have to kinda play with settings for each song, that I can listen to my track louder on the same speakers and I can hear the varying ranges much clearer.
  • edited 12:11PM
    When I master then and do the fine tuning, I put them through a compressor on M-Audio Sessions. This track was just done entirely on beatmaker, though I prolly could have set the EQ's a little better. When I lay down tracks and play through, I listen through my Bose Noise Cancelling helmet (practically, those thihngs are so huge) so EVERYTHING sounds good lol. But yeah when I get to mastering the tracks more I'll compress em'. Thanks for the feedback too, now that I see that this may be a problem for some, I'll try and take care of it tonight.