n00b question...can I do this?

edited June 2009 in General
I just got done reading the manual (albeit quickly) and didn't see anything listed about what I am needing to do...I thought I would query the experts here to see if what I need to do is possible.

Thanks in advance for your help! Much appreciated.

Anyways...I have a DAW and use fxpansion's BFD2 and Toontrack's DFHS Superior 2 for all my drum sounds. These engines are played through MIDI data of course. What I would like to do is use Beatmaker when I am away from my DAW to compose simple beats, fills, etc. When I get home...export the MIDI file...load it into whatever host I am using (Sonar 7 Pro, fxpansions Groove Engine, or Toontrack's EZ Drummer) and get to work. Now I know you can export the MIDI file, but what I am wondering is this....can you assign MIDI notes to the pads in Beatmaker? That way when the file exports everything is perfectly mapped (snare to snare, kick to kick, etc.) to my DAW and away I go. It's not a total dealbreaker to have to remap all the MIDI data, just a pain in the arse really.

Thanks!

Comments

• edited 9:25PM
    Hello,

Yes, your best bet would be to use the export to MIDI function. The first pad is mapped at MIDI note C2.

However there's no possibility to assign MIDI notes to the pads. We might consider this as a future improvement !

Intua Team
  • edited 9:25PM
    So given the app the way it currently is....what is the best way to export a complete drum track into a sequencer (Sonar 7 Pro in my case) for further editing and use?

Do I export one pad at a time so I can keep track of what is what (kick, snare, toms, hi-hat, etc.)? You said the first pad is mapped to C2. Does that mean they are all mapped to C2 as well?

If I can export all pads at once (if they are on different note numbers) and do some dragging and dropping in Sonar then I have no problem with that (although I vote for being able to assign MIDI notes to the pads in a future release).

I guess I'm a little confused at what my options are and if I should go ahead and purchase the iPhone app.

Thanks!