BM3.1

Some rumours flying around that the release isn't the latest and greatest beta version, can someone please explain what we can expect in the next update in rerms of bug fixes and new features? Keep up the great work guys!!

Comments

• Rumors like that may cause the beta team to shrink.
  • There shouldn't be a beta team anymore, or it should be boosted massively, they need way more testing on all features from here on out.

• @5pinlink private beta team is always a good idea imo. Public beta requires a ton more filtering of reports of bugs that are just down to user error and also people not committing the time to make detailed reports/replicating bugs etc.. The bug thread on here only has like 12 posts...
  • Because the forum is not organised well, there is no bug forum at all.
  • A forum dedicated to bugs would be a bit overkill ;) For now a sticky 'bug report' thread near top of forum posts would be fine..
  • edited July 2017
    A sticky thread becomes unweildy, a bug forum can be kept tidy and concise
  • TJATJA
    edited July 2017

A bug forum is a good idea.

About the "12 bug posts":

Jump over to the AudioBus forum where about 1000 bugs, missing features and bad implementations, as well as fantastic ideas where discussed!

• @5pinlink Yeh, can see the sense in dedicated bug forum/area.

@TJA lol re the action on the audiobus forum. I'll check it out. Be cool if people made noise on here instead tho where it will more likely get heard ;)
  • edited July 2017
    There are a few Audiobus forum users who would rather moan over there than come here and try to help the developers by reporting, one guy has complained non stop about crashes, yet hasn't mentioned once how why or when they are happening, coincidentally the same guy was a complete **** towards Intua in the months leading to release haha
    Take everything over there with a pinch of salt ;)
  • edited July 2017
    @5pinlink checked audiobus forum... Yeh, lot of weird bickering over there... I bailed pretty fast ;)
  • Maybe they can eventually afford a better forum like Invision Power, which has the best organization features out of the box. I used their software for a couple sites.

• @Heyez said:
    @5pinlink checked audiobus forum... Yeh, lot of weird bickering over there... I bailed pretty fast ;)

It's usually a good, friendly forum with lots of fantastic info. BM3 trigged some weird responses in a few of the regulars though... Try it again in a couple of weeks.

• There is a lit of spurious rubbish over there right now to be honest, im considering giving it a miss for a good long while.
  • @Heyez said:
    @5pinlink Yeh, can see the sense in dedicated bug forum/area.

@TJA lol re the action on the audiobus forum. I'll check it out. Be cool if people made noise on here instead tho where it will more likely get heard ;)

This is easily explained:

In the time as BM3 should appear, but did not appear, there just was no Intua forum at all!
    Beside a 404 error.

So it was quite natural to continue discussion there.
    And instead of bailing because of the 2 negative topics in the AB forums, you could read deeper as there are lots of high quality reviews, opinions and ideas in this forum!

And not all of this valuable stuff may have been ported over here.

But I understand that it's quite a bit work ;-)

• @TJA yeah it looked some interesting posts over there amongst the noise. Didn't have the time to sift through but will look again at some point ;)
  • Bm3 prolly trigger the ns2 folks...lots of haters in that crowd. It's all or nothing with those people unfortunately

• I will use both BM3 and NS2 and Cubasis and Auria Pro ;-)
    And maybe even modstep.

We will see