Midi mapping start and end point in sample edit

First of all; superb job with BM3!

I would really really appreciate to be able to use knobs to control start and end points in sample/slice edit. Thats really the only thing I need knobs to control.

If there was a track freeze option and ability to adjust the start/end points with macro/knobs I will return the disappointing MPC Live and rock BM3 instead!

Thanks!

Comments

• I can see some scenarios where this might be useful but to me it feels more intuitive to 'touch the wave' ;)

• I've used hardware samplers and edit samples with scroll/jog wheel or knobs since I started making music. I've tried to make it work with touch screen but the only thing I can't get over is the sample editing. Everything else is fine but that.

One other thing while we're on the topic of macro mapping: I would like to be able to map a parameter on one pad and assign the same parameters on all other pads to the same macro. Like in Ableton where you can assign siblings ,or whatever it's called. :)

• @peterpeterpeterpeter said:

One other thing while we're on the topic of macro mapping: I would like to be able to map a parameter on one pad and assign the same parameters on all other pads to the same macro. Like in Ableton where you can assign siblings ,or whatever it's called. :)

You can already do that but it needs to be done manually for each pad ;)

• I certainly wont be doing a lot of heavy editing on a touchscreen either.
    +1 for MIDI control
  • i asked this same question a couple months ago.i have fat sausage hands so editing on the touch screen is kinda cumbersome.

• Thread merge...

@SlapHappy said:
    Really want to be able to use knobs on launchkey to edit sample start and end. Also have many kits from my mpc that I want to use but require sample cycling per pad. Great software.

@Heyez said:
    Also a 'pad cycle' option that cycled through all pads in a bank would be very cool too.

• This would be very useful

• +10000 for editing start point via midi, or even a knob on the screen rather than having to touch the wave. it’s a great way of finding chops I might have missed otherwise. it won’t let me hit the pad and touch the wave simultaneously. I love how elektron boxes work in this regard, obviously I can go forwards and backwards moving the start point on the wave then hitting the pad but it feels way way clumsier than my octatrack or mpc. It surely must be possible. I would appreciate any kind of response to let me know if this is possible or too complicated to be worth it or something

• +1 for this feature. This would be the maschine killer for me.