Midi learn and feedback

Hey there,

Focus actions is very great and the maccro too but there is some important features that should be really nice too add.

1 adding a midi learn function to the mixer

2 adding midi feedback for control surface with encoders

Have fun !!!!

Comments

• Midi Pickup also needs implementation . I was told it had been included but isn't working , maybe part of the midi issues of first release .
    But for changing focus of external knobs , there needs to be midipickup to stop values jumping at first turn of newly assigned knob .

• +1 on MIDI CC control of the mixer
  • Macros, faders and knobs please, yes.

• Please!!!

• edited July 2017

Allez Mathieu dis nous que c'est ok pour la prochaine maj dans 1 semaine :wink:

• I would love to see midi learn for the mixer. I like performing right on the mixer page by muting / soloing tracks and volume fade ins

• Universal MIDI learn is obviously needed, but would also be nice to get MIDI feedback from the mixer for things like motor faders and LED meters at some point.

• Yes please! 🙂

• @winconway said:
    Universal MIDI learn is obviously needed, but would also be nice to get MIDI feedback from the mixer for things like motor faders and LED meters at some point.

Thank you...
    UNIVERSAL not just the Mixer.

• So any clue if it’s on the todo list?

• @NeHo said:
    So any clue if it’s on the todo list?

I believe a lot of things are on the todo list ;) The only question is when it will be available and if BM3 won't be abandoned in the meantime...
    But let's be optimistic and patient. I believe MIDI control is super-important also for the developers, as it is one of those features that opens it for completely new user base. Many people reject any "software only" solution for music making, they require software and hardware combination, ideally as much integrated as possible.

Also it opens new opportunities to do crazy stuff like controlling BM3 with another ipad (or even within the same) and build your own interface in apps like TouchOSC or KRFT...
    MIDI controlling is like providing an open API for your app. I believe developers understand this very well.

• @skrat said:

@NeHo said:
    So any clue if it’s on the todo list?

I believe a lot of things are on the todo list ;) The only question is when it will be available and if BM3 won't be abandoned in the meantime...
    But let's be optimistic and patient. I believe MIDI control is super-important also for the developers, as it is one of those features that opens it for completely new user base. Many people reject any "software only" solution for music making, they require software and hardware combination, ideally as much integrated as possible.

Also it opens new opportunities to do crazy stuff like controlling BM3 with another ipad (or even within the same) and build your own interface in apps like TouchOSC or KRFT...
    MIDI controlling is like providing an open API for your app. I believe developers understand this very well.

There is ZERO question of B3 being abandonded, updates slowing down does not equal abandonded, @mathieugarcia is working on future features and fixes all the time, having to read remarks like that must be extremely soul crushing :(

• @winconway said:
    There is ZERO question of B3 being abandonded, updates slowing down does not equal abandonded, @mathieugarcia is working on future features and fixes all the time, having to read remarks like that must be extremely soul crushing :(

I am sorry, I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. I was not thinking about 1-2 years but maybe 5-10. You can't be sure if even iOS will survive that long... Given that the last update took more than 1 year and although it brought few very nice features, there's still gazillion of other requests, many of them valid. It's probably better not to hope that your most desired feature will be the one in the next update and rather live with what we have now. I actually learned this attitude from this forum and it's probably the only one to not get crazy 😉

• edited February 2019

There's plenty of amazing things possible in BM3 as it is right now.

By the time I've finished exploring every feature it already has, I'm quite sure there will be more than a few new ones added ;)

• edited February 2019

Also don't assume B3 is stuck on IOS, it is just software and it is not reliant on Apple, it is reliant on @mathieugarcia lol.

5-10 years expect it to be running in a browser, abstracted, like every piece of software will be, so that it is completely platform agnostic.

• 1 adding a midi learn function to the mixer

+1000000

• (We have been asking for proper midi implementation for almost 2 years.)

I could do so much more with BM3.......
    ....sigh :(

• @DeanDaughters said:
    (We have been asking for proper midi implementation for almost 2 years.)

I could do so much more with BM3.......
    ....sigh :(

Agreed and we have no clue on when or if we'll get any updates at all :(
    (I do NOT like the 'Radio Silence' from Intua regarding BM3 to be totally honest).

• Patience grasshopper.