Latch mode for pads

...So the pads hold in different ways: on/off switch them or switch and hold the new ones pressed

Comments

• In keys mode also!!!

• edited January 2018

+1

• Also noticed I can't seem to hold a pad to manually latch and hit others. Hitting another pad deactivates the pad I'm holding, even with no choke groups assigned. Maybe I missed/activated a setting somewhere?

Pad latch + keys latch/hold would be a nice addition for sure.
  • +1 !
    this is a feature I miss the most at the moment.

• Yes please!
    +1

• edited January 2018

@mathieugarcia May I note you can latch pads in all sorts of ways but all ways are bugs. > @synthi said:

...So the pads hold in different ways: on/off switch them or switch and hold the new ones pressed

@Heyez said:
    +1

@jeezs said:
    =1

@samu said:
    +1

@handed said:
    +1

@Lordradish said:
    +1

@munibeast said:
    Yes please!
    +1

• did they ever add this?

• edited February 2018

@ZipSnipe said:
    did they ever add this?

Not officially yet no. There are many ways to latch something but no official way to turn it off without pressing stop unless you mute the track first then select it and tap it then unmute. And the one shot forward hack can't be stopped unless you press stop. An official latch mode won't be available until latch bugs are fixed. I'm guessing here.

The only other method for a continuous loop would be a controller with a toggle switch and hold mode. This also is buggy and has issues.

• Wow than it is official then, there is nothing like the sp808 on IOS. Thank you, hopefully they will add this

• @ZipSnipe
    Of course you can latch a loop on a pad, you load it in to a scene and put the pads in scene mode, then trigger it, it works exactly like the SP808, better in fact.

• @5pinlink said:
    @ZipSnipe
    Of course you can latch a loop on a pad, you load it in to a scene and put the pads in scene mode, then trigger it, it works exactly like the SP808, better in fact.

My bad. I meant performance stuff before recording and with controllers. Sorry for not saying it doesn’t work. Thanks @5pinlink for correcting me.

• @5pinlink said:
    @ZipSnipe

can you elaborate a lil more. I am about to pull the trigger and get it, but if does not work the way I want it, then I don't need it.

I want it to work like this
    drum loop to pad 1, bassline to pad 2 , I guess it would be scene A to pad 1 and scene B to pad 2. Boom I hit pad 1, it plays until I hit it again , same for pad 2.

It kills me that I have not seen one video to show this, either everyone plays the pads like a drum machine or they want to show the sequencer. No one has really show cased its looping abilities.

• edited February 2018

@ZipSnipe whenever you have recorded a pattern and have the pattern selected when viewing the pattern helper, that pattern is tied to the scene associated with that bank/track. I do not believe you can tap a scene pad to stop it in performance view and this needs to be addressed. Instead you can use an empty pattern to kill sounds when viewing that bank/track or use scene view itself for complete stop play control. There's no other way I can explain this. Have you not bought the app yet?

• edited February 2018

Yes just use scene view to trigger, you can just tap the sample and it will play, hit stop and it will stop at the end of the current loop.
    Using scene view you can trigger patterns and scenes.

More trigger modes are needed, but i said this from day 1 and people jumped all over me for not worshiping at the chapel of new shiny shiny ;)

• edited February 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @5pinlink said:
    Yes just use scene view to trigger, you can just tap the sample and it will play, hit stop and it will stop at the end of the current loop.
    Using scene view you can trigger patterns and scenes.

More trigger modes are needed, but i said this from day 1 and people jumped all over me for not worshiping at the chapel of new shiny shiny ;)

Lol. Trigger modes are needed as well as support to trigger in SCENE mode while in single channel. It only works via focus actions or Omni currently.

• Hey BM3 developers!!, you have take note of this feature since 2017...... we are now 2019 and nothing yet!!!

• edited April 2019

@eriveraa said:
    Hey BM3 developers!!, you have take note of this feature since 2017...... we are now 2019 and nothing yet!!!

See my reply to your new post about latching:
    https://intua.net/forums/index.php?p=/discussion/7537/how-to-keep-playing-a-pad-in-an-infinite-loop#latest

You can add latch to BM3 with Audioveek’s MIDI tools plugin suite

...and please stop resurrecting old posts to make the same point over and over again.