Audio Records Wet Signal

edited July 2017 in Bug reports

I'm using a Scarlett 2i2 MK2 as input to an audio track to record my guitar. FuzzPlus 3 AU as an FX added to the same track.

The resulting audio file has the FX embedded into the recording. Playing it back I can hear the FX doubled.
I don't know if this was intended, but I don't see the use of recording the wet signal.

I would like to be able to monitor my guitar/synth signal going through the FX chain, but be able to record the dry input.

Thanks!

Comments

• edited July 2017

You can send the track you want to record on to an AUX and apply the FX on the AUX (at 100% wet) then record your track dry.

• Thanks for the reply, but if I do that the audio is doubled, playing back at the same time from both tracks. I need to have the audio passing 100% wet through a fuzz for example. The way you described I get 100 dry + 100 wet added together. If I try to mute the audio channel then nothing goes to the aux since the send is post mute.

Any other daw records the dry signal entering the track. The FX is burned in only if you freeze the track, or route the output of the track, post fx, to another one and record it there.

• Im not at the iPad at the minute, and im guessing here so bare with me, cant you record two tracks at the same time, both with the same input, one track with the AU on and the other clean ?
  • That works! Didn't think of that. Thanks for the tip.

• Good stuff ;)
  • @LemurFlight said:
    Thanks for the reply, but if I do that the audio is doubled, playing back at the same time from both tracks. I need to have the audio passing 100% wet through a fuzz for example. The way you described I get 100 dry + 100 wet added together. If I try to mute the audio channel then nothing goes to the aux since the send is post mute.

Any other daw records the dry signal entering the track. The FX is burned in only if you freeze the track, or route the output of the track, post fx, to another one and record it there.

In the example I was showing the FX were only on the AUX so you would be recording dry. Anyway, glad you got it going.

• edited August 2017

Yes, but in that case you also hear the dry signal at the same level along with the wet one when you're monitoring. Maybe there is a way to mute the dry one, but I could find it ?!

• Need pre/post fader/mutes option for routing. Don't think that's in there atm..