• Big +1 on this one
  • Modulation
    MIDI
    Macros
    For sample start/end
    MIDI
    Macros
    For sample selection start/end

MIDI and Macros so that people with human fingers can just use dials to set start/end points instead of trying to grab those miniscule triangle things.

• +1
    Also, be able to have start points inside the loop?

• Essentially modulate everything that is feasible to modulate... just wants to modulate the attack on a sample.... couldn't

• edited August 2017

Way better to have start and length points instead of end point, as in Ableton and Digitakt. That way you can just move the whole slice with just the startpoint = wavetable. Or maybe the option of both ;)

• Length and end point are the same thing
  • edited August 2017

Lenght is the lenght from the starting point/mark. End point/mark is the length from the start of the sample.
    Set length to 1 sec. and it will play 1 sec. from the starting point/mark. No matter where in the sample you set the starting point/mark, it will always play 1 sec.
    If you set an end point at 10 sec. and starting point at 0 sec. It will play 10 sec. But if you change the starting point to 9 sec. It will only play 1 sec.

If you pick up a sampler that has a "length" parameter on the sample edit it's going to behave like that, and vice versa. I promise.

• OK, well the only samplers i know with sample length it works exactly the same as the end point, and i am not sure how valuable adding empty space at the end of a sample via modulation is because i have never tried it.

Personally i would ask for a different method for wave sequencing, if i wanted it.

1 Have an option to numerate layers so that layers play one after the other, layer one plays, then layer two plays, then layer three plays etc etc.
    2 Have a numeration phase dial that changes the start point between all the layers.
    3a Long press the phase dial and add modulator/step modulator
    You have just created a ridiculously powerful synced wave sequencer
    3b Automate the phase dial instead.

• Another method would be to control the sample-start with a step-modulator and optionally re-trigger the note on each step.
    (Similar to sample-offset command in Trackers). For longer samples one could add markers to the sample and use the step-modulator to trigger at the marker points.

Sequencing the order of layer-playback is an interesting option as well. (This is what I tried to do by using multiple step-sequencers to control gain).

In short I was trying to re-created what is easily done in apps like SquareSynth and SidTracker64. The layer order sequencing would give the Wavestation some healthy competition :)

• +1
    For the variable start and length version
  • What sampler has "length" behave as a end point?
  • Pretty much any drum sampler
  • Thread merge..

@si_nz said:
    Currently we can only change the loop start and end point in song mode. It would be a boost to productivity to have access to loop points in pattern mode. Cheers :)