Timeline workflow improvements

1. I was wondering about a simple copy/ paste function for midi clips. I sometimes want to paste a clip later in a song and this would improve workflow. Copy paste would be cool on highlighted notes in edit mode too.
  2. I've noticed that one cannot drag a midi clip from one track to another. It seems like a pretty basic function. I am working on a song and want a different channel to play the melody. now I have to play it all over instead of just dragging the clip into the new instruments track.
    Did I just miss these functions or do they really not exist?

Comments

• You can do most of this by using the track helper.
    When you select this (top left,right of the 3 lines) it lists all the patterns for that bank. These can now be dragged into any track at any position in the timeline.

I agree though, dragging between tracks would be useful.

Hope that helps.

@manmadedisaster said:
    1. I was wondering about a simple copy/ paste function for midi clips. I sometimes want to paste a clip later in a song and this would improve workflow. Copy paste would be cool on highlighted notes in edit mode too.
    2. I've noticed that one cannot drag a midi clip from one track to another. It seems like a pretty basic function. I am working on a song and want a different channel to play the melody. now I have to play it all over instead of just dragging the clip into the new instruments track.
    Did I just miss these functions or do they really not exist?

• Thank you very much, that does help.