Skins - Hardware UI Skin

I love the bm3 flat ui skin but also really liked the bm2 skin that looked like hardware somewhat I think that would be a nice addition to beatmaker3 is a few skins. Like knobs and pads from a mpc (example)

Comments

• edited August 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited August 2017
  • I would like a chamo skin, a metallic skin and a pink Hello Kitty skin.
  • edited August 2017
  • Everyone's taste is different. Have to say I'd like to be able to customise the UI too, but methinks that in the flood of bug reports and feature requests these guys have got recently, it may some time.

• edited August 2017

Yeah, I think the priority should really be:

1. work on the bugs
    2. then work on usefull workflow improvements
    3. only then start of thinking about adding additional functions (that can introduce more bugs)
      .10. add fancy stuff that isn't really needed for functionality....
  • don't see anything wrong with adding skins..it's a preference thing.fix the bugs first th

• edited August 2017

Agreed with all, but we have to allow people to put forward their ideas, doesn't mean it will take priority.
    Some ideas if not immediately put forward may be forgotten.

It is a feature request, in the 'Feature Request' department. :p

King

• Even something as simple as a lighter color for the overall ui.

• edited August 2017

@KING said:
    Agreed with all, but we have to allow people to put forward their ideas, doesn't mean it will take priority.
    Some ideas if not immediately put forward may be forgotten.

It is a feature request, in the 'Feature Request' department. :p

King

That's why I didn't exclude the option - just put last in priorities. ;)
    I would guess that the other more important bug squashing and feature improvements are enough work to keep you busy for the next couple of updates

And for now (other than the lighter skin option for bad lighting situations) - I think you guys did a pretty decent and solid job design-wise. And I'm a designer - so I do know a bit about UI/UX design.
    I really like the look of BM3.

• edited August 2017

Yeah, all is well in the BM3 camp/forum.

I haven't even really use the app for a few days - apart from some experimenting/testing.
    But I'm finding more and more everything is based around it.

For me beatmaker 2 was/is solid as a rock. Folks always complained about workflow and file system, but the capabilities to create full track are there. Ok, may need to mix n master elsewhere but definitely there, (capable) and solid.

So when BM3 becomes as 'Solid' or more than, BM2 ... Wow!

A lot of folks have ran away (some in the first day of purchase lol) but a lot of them will come running back. Mark/quote my words!

I'm Loving it and the vibes are good :)

King

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited August 2017

Haha

Yep I've also thought BM3 is geared for multiple pallets.

"shudder down my spine"

Hahaha

Laugh at least once a day folks.

King

• Thread merge..

@jumpercollins said:
    Lighter coloured Skins rather than Black for Background to make seeing the app better in different lighting conditions.

• I like how BM3 looks, but I'd defo like more colour options for pads (including black and white). I can't get the pads to match up with my hardware controller's lights closely enough to please me!
  • I want a dora skin FTW!!!!!

• Thread merge..

@Nick said:
    I found out the hard way that making music in the sun with a pair of shades on while outside is really quite hard with BM3! Would you consider a day/night mode for the UI?

• Thread merge..

@LucidMusicInc said:
    Can't speak for the Dev but there's a workaround. IPad settings> General> accessibility shortcut > invert colours

The next time you triple press the home button it will invert the screen colours, e.g. Black/white, blue/red etc.