Export to Ableton Live Set

Searched for this but I couldn't find any open requests for it. Is anyone else interested in this feature?

Comments

• I definitely am. Work mainly in ableton, iPad just used to get a foundation of a tune going. Would be really good to have.
  • edited August 2017
    Literally no interest whatsoever, there will be a desktop version of BM3 and BM3 should be able to match the features of Ableton Live by then.
    I would be way more interested in something like Reaper export for mixing stuff down, Ableton Live is poor for mixing stuff down.
  • @5pinlink said:
    Literally no interest whatsoever, there will be a desktop version of BM3 and BM3 should be able to match the features of Ableton Live by then.
    I would be way more interested in something like Reaper export for mixing stuff down, Ableton Live is poor for mixing stuff down.

Unfortunately there is no BM3 for desktop yet and for some of us that have been working in Ableton for years and use BM3, as oldman mentioned above, to get a foundation going this would be a welcomed addition.

• @5pinlink said:

I believe there will only be a Mac version of BM3, so us Windows users would be left out in the cold. BM3 is great, but it definitely isn't on feature parity with Ableton Live. More and more applications are implementing exporting to Ableton Live format like Auxy, Patterning, Gadget etc. This would be a fantastic addition as Ableton has a massive install base.

• Even as a veteran Ableton user, I think this is asking too much. You can easily export the stems and drop them in Ableton just as fast. Let them focus on the core of BM3 for now.

• edited August 2017

@mahloh said:
    Searched for this but I couldn't find any open requests for it. Is anyone else interested in this feature?

Not necessary here. Want a proper scene mode...recording in the timeline and various clip modes ala ableton. follow actions are welcome!

• Yes Ableton export please :)
    Will be much better than just exporting stems, patterns etc too.

I know intua are thinking about it from asking them in the AB forum and think that they already have the sdk from Ableton. This will be good for them in the long run to attract Ableton users for additional workflow tools.

• Yeh agreed ableton export would be nice but if it's something that'll take up a lot of R&D time I'd have it pretty far down the list...

'Export tracks/pads' is decent enough function/workaround for now and there's tons of other stuff that would have more impact for BM3 creativity/workflow/performance if focused on and added/fixed/tweaked first.
  • edited August 2017

@slaq said:

@mahloh said:

Not necessary here. Want a proper scene mode...recording in the timeline and various clip modes ala ableton. follow actions are welcome!

Same here.
    +1 for follow actions and scene recording, no use for ableton export for me Beatmaker, can do the job.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Although Ableton and/or Reaper export would be nice, I'd just be thrilled to have a clip launch mode, as this would be much more useful in live performances. I think there was a mention of a latch mode, that would be awesome.

• Still waiting for Ableton to give us access to the ALS SDK...

• Reapers SDK is online and can be used to do this, some guy did a Roland VS project loader.

• Reaper would be cool.

• edited February 2018

@5pinlink said:

Yes . Thats probably the reason why no good producer mixes in Ableton...... also no famous and successful artists use it. Weird.... :-)

• Count me in for live export +1

• Are you being obtuse for a reason ?
    Because something is poor at a particular task does not mean it cant be done at all, i can use the case of a fire alarm as a bowl for my soup, also most artists using Ableton are in the Dance/groove or at least Dance/groove influenced arenas (notice i said most before you decide to be obtuse about that too) and these areas have much less complex needs in the mix than traditional recorded music.

So stop with the silly remarks, i stated a fact, i didnt beat up your dog and grab your moms ass !!

• edited November 2018

Patterning 2 supports "Ableton Live Set Export." I export, then airdrop the ALS file wirelessly and done. Not only does it have the audio stems, but it has the MIDI files in the project as well. It's very convenient, if only BM3 had this.

Lots of +1's in here... It would be great if BM3 supported this.

+1

• +1 for Ableton Live Set Export please :-)

• +1 I finish all my iPad tracks in Ableton these days.

• Heavy Ableton user here, but I'm happy enough with exporting waves. I'm actually looking forward to doing more work with BM3 on the iPad (Absolutely NOT interested in a desktop version). More useful functions would be track freeze/bounce in place, and midi and audio existing on the same track. Definitely don't want developers to get distracted from stability and the evolution of AUv3.