Drag n Drop Banks, Deletes/Removes Patterns from Song-View.

edited August 2017 in Bug reports

If I have eg; one of the BM3 Drum banks set up, and the I import a midi file into the Song screen, all is well.
But if I change that Drum bank to another one, the pattern on the Song screen is deleted.

So trying different drum kits with the same pattern is a no-no..

King

Comments

• I guess the importing of the midi file is not important, as this would be the case for any midi pattern, imported or created.

King

• This sucks. I honestly don't see why we have to have samples on the bank to send midi still.
  • Imported MIDI is part of a bank, this is not a bug, it is by design, there are no MIDI tracks, it is a poor design that needs a rethink.
  • @5pinlink said:
    Imported MIDI is part of a bank, this is not a bug, it is by design, there are no MIDI tracks, it is a poor design that needs a rethink.

Huh..

I guess your not taking to me..

King

• edited August 2017

Or.. I think I see what your saying now..

That's just nuts oh hazel nuts..

King

• Yeah when you import MIDI, you import it 'in to' a bank, because there are no MIDI tracks there is no where else for it to go.

A lot of people moaned that we should leave Intua alone and learn to work with the bank system and blah blah blah, the rest of us saw this coming a mile off.
    The bank system is massively flawed and this is another example.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited August 2017
    +1 definitly need to be able to load/switch bank/s without deleting current midi. The Banks system is amazing but needs some fundamental tweaks like this.

There's a 'load patterns' option along the bottom when browsing/loading banks. And an option to save patterns when you save bank. I struggle to see why these options are there really. Not something I'd ever want/need to use, but maybe I'm not imagining the right situation/requirement/benefit...

Edit - not saying that it's not nice to have that 'save/load patterns' as an option. It is :-) But things like being able to switch to a different bank for a different drumkit, while keeping the current midi, seems like much more 'everyday' workflow requirements. Hope this one gets fixed soon.. Hadn't even noticed it before while I was focusing more on sound design stuff than making finished songs..
  • edited August 2017
    @Heyez actually that's a dope feature. It's like loading up a session in Ableton.

Yeah though when loading plugins into pads it doesn't work as expected to. Unless a sample (I use a silent clip) is loaded you don't get a reliable result. I've been using BM3 to control Gadget, which has multiple midi inputs, with Audiobus. I was hoping the update would allow us to set it up and save it which if does but there's no real improvement over the previous version that I can tell.

Also I hope the fix the midi out chord feature but I have some doubts about that.
  • @Heyez said:
    things like being able to switch to a different bank for a different drumkit, while keeping the current midi, seems like much more 'everyday' workflow requirements. Hope this one gets fixed soon.. Hadn't even noticed it before while I was focusing more on sound design

I was coming more at BM3 as a DAW at first then started to see it better as a beatmaker and for sound design. That said, this feature is really essential... for me anyway.

• It's certainly more powerful as a life performance tool, and surely these kinds of editing functions will get added in incrementally.

My thinking is if I want conventional DAW workflow I can track out the patterns as audio and use Cubasis.
  • @LucidMusicInc yeah I can see the benefit of the 'save/load patterns' option with banks now. Nice touch...
    Agreed, seems like the hard work is done on BM3, the banks/scenes/song timeline system intua have used is almost perfect as a starting point imo, takes it to another level as a performance instrument and not 'just another Daw'. Has endless potential and now it's just being patient and waiting on these other small touches (and some big ones...) to appear.

TBH for £20 I already got my money's worth. The depth in sound design from layers + linking pads/plugins + modulation + fx is already huuuuuge...
  • I managed to drive each pad in a bank using Cubasis as a midi sequencer driving through AB3 to BM3. I tried driving BM3 direct from a Cubasis but didn't work for some reason. Also had to use the Midi flow adapter for it to work in AB3 even though I was selecting AB3 as the midi in source in BM3. I works pretty cool mind and lets me input chord progressions via midi.

• Not at iPad, but dont you just turn off pattern load in the browser ?
  • @triton100 really? Dunno what I'm doing wrong here... Can switch out pads no problem but if I switch out a bank preset I lose timeline pattern/midi..
    @5pinlink the browser has 'load patterns OFF' displayed at bottom of page. Still getting the weird loss of current patterns tho?
  • Anyone else able to load a new bank while keeping the existing pattern/timeline midi? Not happening here :/
  • Weird..Definitly been losing patterns when I do this. But thanks for confirming I'm doing something wrong. I'll try again later today.
  • Yeah, If I have -

bank A - 808 drums.
    Record a 4 bar pattern in to timeline.
    Stop sequencer.
    Play sequencer.
    Switch bank A to - 909 drums
    Timeline midi vanishes..

Only tested it for 5 minutes tho. But definitly seemed to be the case. Tried it like 5 times. And using the 'load patterns OFF' option made no difference. I'll look at it again..
  • edited August 2017

heyez is true... dragging different preset to bank erases all recorded patterns in that bank ...

• It is working fine for me. Make sure you select « Load patterns off » when loading the new bank

• it removes patterns no matter if iset "load patterns off" or "load patterns on" ... aimply if i drag from file browser different bank to bank A, all recorded patterns in bank A are removed from project

• Indeed, if you drag the new bank from the file browser, it seems to clear your patterns. Try to select your new bank and then push the load bank button instead : this is working for me

• edited August 2017

@Sygma said:
    ... Try to select your new bank and then push the load bank button instead ...

Perfect!

top marks..

I wish Intua would step in and help us when they see us struggling like this (unless they don't know themselves) :)

Propper PDF too.

Cheers @Sygma, (everyone)

Lovley Jubbly

King

• edited August 2017

The "ish" part, is because drag n drop doesn't work!

So still may be seen as a bug, (that may never get fixed??) but happy that its possible :-)

Everyday I Love it a little more..

Excellent!

King

Added: but I now wonder how many other reported bugs are not 'full' bugs...

PDF.

• edited August 2017

Ask and it shall be given:

https://intua.net/bm3-user-manual-pdf/

= PDF

King

[P8]