Feature Request: Multiple Takes Feature

A hopefully simple story. When performing a complex pattern, when transport is cycling and in record mode, have BM3 automatically create a new pattern to save a new take. At the moment, if a performance has gone wrong, you have to stop the transport, delete the pattern, then try again. Bit of a vibe destroyer! Please introduce a multiple take feature!

Comments

• Just hit undo?
  • Would be nice if rhe audio recorder would repeat the loop set to timeline or to an predefined audio pattern length, and would overwrite the earlier loop, if you dont stop before the loop ends. This way you could keep playing to a looper, that would save only the last full length loop.
  • Samplitude on PC records multiple takes, as I am sure other daws do, but yah, I sure do love it.

• edited August 2017

@Tomes said:
    Would be nice if rhe audio recorder would repeat the loop set to timeline or to an predefined audio pattern length, and would overwrite the earlier loop, if you dont stop before the loop ends. This way you could keep playing to a looper, that would save only the last full length loop.

If I remember correctly, if you make an audio track set to record from a bank you can record performances to that track while working with a patterns in the bank. While it won't loop and overwrite, in 3.01, it will capture what you are doing. When you get some kind of loop that you like you could then simply trim the recording.

Another thing you could do perhaps is just use another app like Blocswave or Loopy to record through Audiobus. Again when you get the desired result just record it into a bank as a plugin. With Audiobus It's quite simple to set that up. I think also Retronyms has a new app that should be Audiobus compatible and people are giving it some positive reviews...

I get that it's a feature request. Cubasis also has this kind of recording, every loop pass gets saved as it's own clip. If Intua decided to take more design tips from Steinberg I would have absolutely no problems with that...