Scene chaining

edited August 2017 in Feature Requests

Instead of looping eternally, scenes should have have an option to automatically play next scene at the ned a of the loop.
Il would be a very convenient and fast way to construct songs.
Is possible to have this facility in Beatmaker 3?

Add a follow action facility
  1. Allowed song construction using scenes order would be essential add on to Beatmaker 312 votes
    1. I want it
      91.67%
    2. I won't us that
        8.33%

Comments

• +1

Though I would add, it would be nice to be able to set the target scene rather than only the next, and also to be able to set the number of repeats before chaining.

• +1 Gstomper for Android has an excellent implementation of this.RhythmStudio for IOS has a cool approach too.

• @jeezs said:
    Instead of looping eternally, scenes should have have an option to automatically play next scene at the ned a of the loop.

If youre in the scenes mode ( not from the pad window ) but the scenes tab next to song tab, it you long press at the top of a scene you'll get a pop up menu where you can " Pastes to song ", and also rename, duplicate , clear and delete. It would be nice if you could record your arrangements in real time like in Ableton, but this is as close as your going to get unless you route all your banks to audio tracks and record the audio in real time.

• edited August 2017

@strizbiz said:

@jeezs said:

If youre in the scenes mode ( not from the pad window ) but the scenes tab next to song tab, it you long press at the top of a scene you'll get a pop up menu where you can " Pastes to song ", and also rename, duplicate , clear and delete. It would be nice if you could record your arrangements in real time like in Ableton, but this is as close as your going to get unless you route all your banks to audio tracks and record the audio in real time.

I know you also have this option at the bottom of the screen.but as number37 say it would be nice to to be able to set repeat number and target but at least a simple mode to chain those scenes would be nice as you sais you can already copy re arrange scenes order.
    Hope Mathieu give us more infos to tell us if it is possible or not?

• Like follow actions?

• Yes that's the idea!

• edited August 2017

I've added a pool to this thread

• This is a feature well implemented in Modstep.it can be done with little effort maybe.

• For me, it would be nice to have the player head at the end of the song,
    For now I have to do it manually,
    for making a song it's not so intuitive.

Thanks.

• Here is how scene chaining could be implemented.
    Hope we see this option in BM3.
    Could Mathieu confirm or infirm it could be implemented in BM3.

• Fantastic idea.