Playback cursor in pattern edit.

Probably been requested already.... Slowly driving me insane not being able to tap the timeline in pattern edit piano roll and have playback start from there. Having to listen to long patterns from the beginning when editing notes (or keep switching to 'song' view...) = painful...

Comments

• UP
    +1 just the basics, really,
    i'm beginning to believe it's just a mirage
    lesson learnt in self restraint for me
    sadness covers the sky.... again. lol

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • This is my main request, I mentioned it before but got no response, its not bad if a pattern is a measure or 2, or 4, but you have a 16 bar pattern , having to playing it from the beginning every time is the worse. Also I wish there was an erase button in the Pads views, where we could hold down and erase a note from a pattern without having to go the the step editor do delete something all the time, like we can do in BeatHawk. Ive mentioned both these things before, they would be the main features Id like to see.

• This feature would be most welcome indeed.
    +1
  • @strizbiz Yeh this seems like a basic feature that will hopefully be an easy addition.

The other thing that you mention is already there. In pads view after you press record in the transport, two buttons appear 'overdub' and 'erase'. Select erase and you can hold pad/s to delete while the pattern is playing :) Tho I haven't tried this outside of the default pads mode so I'm not sure it works for things like deleting a note inside a chord etc, I'd guess it does tho?
  • +1 Plizz Intua

• For now I set my loop to the area I want to adjust and listen to. It's a work around.
  • @Heyez said:
    @strizbiz Yeh this seems like a basic feature that will hopefully be an easy addition.

The other thing that you mention is already there. In pads view after you press record in the transport, two buttons appear 'overdub' and 'erase'. Select erase and you can hold pad/s to delete while the pattern is playing :) Tho I haven't tried this outside of the default pads mode so I'm not sure it works for things like deleting a note inside a chord etc, I'd guess it does tho?

lol, dont tell me the erase feature has always been there? I never looked for it while recording, just in playback mode, lol, wow, thx for pointing it out

• What??? Erase feature already there???? :o
  • @strizbiz @LucidMusicInc Haha, yep :) FWIW I didn't spot it at first either ;)
  • edited August 2017
    @mathieugarcia There's no info in the manual about this. This ought to be a long press record button function or something. I take it this is a recording mode. I'm not clear about the overdub. Seems to me the default recording mode is overdub?

We need an added button that allows us to clear everything on the selected pad. In addition, in the pattern sidebar we need a clear pattern notes and clear pattern automation option.