Wet/dry signal in BM3 to IAA effects units

Probably misunderstanding how IAA works but general idea of this would be having an effects depth (similar to kaoss pad - also why is my kaoss pad so dusty?) knob that could be automated. So when running an instrument/audio track you can choose how much of the audio gets sent to fx and how much remains normal. Fiddling around with wet/dry levels in echo pad for some custom presets and liking results but impossible to record what I want to get from it - would save jumping back and forth between apps. Honestly would pay for something like this as an IAP

Comments

• edited September 2017

Unless you put the IAA effect on an AUX track no.(that way you could control the send amount).
    Effects work as 'inserts' and most have a wet/dry to control the 'depth' of the effect.

• @samu the problem I have sending to Aux is that I then can't record the output to an Audio track.

• @Hirokoaiisdead said:
    @samu the problem I have sending to Aux is that I then can't record the output to an Audio track.

What effects are you using? Most of the AU/IAA effects I have have a wet/dry control.

Currently it's not possible in BM3 to select another audio-track(or group mixed(audio/pads) of tracks) as the source for recording which is a bit of a bummer.

Ultimately we should be able to freely create 'mix busses'(that could contain, pads, banks, audio and aux tracks) that could be used for recording/sampling sources.

At one point I recall I requested 'Bank FX Send' in addition to 'aux sends', these would just send the pads within a bank to the 'Bank FX' which should be of some help since the parameters could be tied to macros.

I have a good feeling we'll see improvements for more flexible routing options in the future.

• 1 Run the IAA as a 100% wet insert.
    2 Record the IAA to an audio track.
    3 Remove the IAA and leave the original track dry.
    4 Use the volume on the audio track recorded from the IAA as a wet send level.

That's the only workaround i can come up with for now.

• edited September 2017

@samu I'm using Echo Pad - which does have a wet dry signal option but I've not yet figured out if there is a way to assign a midi signal to it from BM3. I might try and have a play with it tonight - or read the manual for once I suppose. You can assign midi CC from BM3 right?

• @Hirokoaiisdead said:
    @samu I'm using Echo Pad - which does have a wet dry signal option but I've not yet figured out if there is a way to assign a midi signal to it from BM3. I might try and have a play with it tonight - or read the manual for once I suppose. You can assign midi CC from BM3 right?

You can send Midi CC from BM3 to EchoPad but I'm not sure you can assign the Macro knobs to transmit Midi CC which would be needed for proper on-screen automation.

If you are using external controller set it to send the CC that EchoPad's wet/dry responds to.
    Record it to a pad/track in BM3 and route the track to EchoPad...

• @mathieugarcia pleeeeeease add assignable CC knobs to BM3 for IAA/external hardware etc ;)
  • While the 'Focus Actions' are nice I would suggest having different Focus Actions for the different 'modes/screens' in BM3(Pad View, Pad/Sample-Edit, Mixer, Plug-In View etc.). At some point these will be needed for deep(er) controller-integration. For example the knobs on a controller would have different functions depending on what is shown on the screen.

As for Midi CC, there's currently no on-screen assignable Midi CC knobs but as far as I know the Midi CC's are passed thru from the controller to the destination. (This leads to yet another 'request' for midi cc/note/channel re-mapping).

I'm aware this is OT, Sorry...