Setting loop around pattern in song mode automatically triggers cycle mode.

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Not sure what this means ?
    If i set the sample loop to loop forward or whatever, what is cycle mode ?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited September 2017

Yeah personally i think the option would be better.
    Right now you have this...
    If you drag a new loop, it stays off.
    If you drag the end/start of a current loop it will turn on.
    If you drag the middle of a loop to move it, it will turn on.
    This all seems inconsistent because personally i want the opposite, example...
    If i am playing a song live and think "i want to loop that bit at bar 16 at the end of the song" it is pretty much impossible, because i cant loop it on the fly and then activate it when i want, because if i loop during bar 23 it will jump straight back to 16 as the loop turns itself on automatically.

So yes a setting for both behaviours, but also making both behaviours consistent too.

• That just needs adding to the selected patterns floating grey toolbox surely, after duplicate and delete, just add a loop icon in there ?

• edited September 2017

I just drag the loop to where i want it and turn it on, but i can see the value in a 'loop selected' button or something.

• edited September 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited September 2017

Yeah thats exactly the way i work, it probably is cumbersome but unfortunately it is the way i work from using the various DAWs i have used that demand you turn loop selection off an on, it is never automatically turned on in any of the DAWs i use, so definitely would need to be an option, because i hate the fact that it turns itself on now when i change the loop lol.

Option for the win.

• Yeah the cursor thing is an ongoing FR, and i think this performance style looping you suggest should be available as an option too, instead of the hodge podge we have now of traditional DAW vs the performance style you suggest.