IOS - 8+
Format - AU/Standalone

Post any issues you have found.

Tagged:

Comments

• Long load times no ?

• Yes, but this synth is about 10x the size of the others so maybe why

• edited September 2017

Beathawk and others are huge in comparison and instant load, seems like an issue just on this plugin.

• iSEM is known for loooong load-times as it does some table-calculation on each startup to reduce CPU-usage. Since all instances are sandboxed each instance has to do the calculations...

• The really huge apps are bloated from samples, the other synths I was referring to were the ones I posted. If mostly code, this one has a lot more to run through, as Samu explained
  • i love this APP. i think it was the first to showcase AU, it's a shame Arturia didn't follow through with the other apps. (iMini, iProphet are IAA only)

it gets an occasional update, but it works well with BM3 and with others and it's relatively stable and bug free. it's got a lot of patches to work with and is suitable for the novice and experienced synth user.

at the time of writing this (Feb2018), i can highly recommend this app for use with BM3.

• Fantastic synth - but be warned, this is the slowest loading AUv3 plugin I've ever used!

• edited May 2018

Lately i've been finding iSem does not always reload patches correctly.

For example...

• I load iSem into a bank
    • Find a preset I like
    • Tweak (or leave the preset as is)... for example one called 'resonant fifths'
    • Save the session
    • Quit BM3

Next time i load the session, the patch is slightly mangled, like the envelopes and filter settings are all slightly wrong.

This even happens if I save a new custom patch first

Anyone else experienced this?

• @tk32 said:
    Lately i've been finding iSem does not always reload patches correctly.

For example...

• I load iSem into a bank
    • Find a preset I like
    • Tweak (or leave the preset as is)... for example one called 'resonant fifths'
    • Save the session
    • Quit BM3

Next time i load the session, the patch is slightly mangled, like the envelopes and filter settings are all slightly wrong.

This even happens if I save a new custom patch first

Anyone else experienced this?

Wouldn't surprise me lol. Arturia don't seem to care about getting their software right. Such a shame as they always bring exciting products to market but don't often follow through on the finished deal.

• @The_Bro Seems like Arturia, like some other companies, use the iOS platform much like a marketing gateway to there desktop products. It is a shame they don't see the value in supporting iOS I would love to have something like AnalogLab available on the iPad.

• I want them to update iSpark to AUv3 because I have the Spark LE controller and its just sitting in its box doing nothing until this happens lol.