Alternate Buttony Keyboard

edited September 2017 in Feature Requests

Not sure if it has come up but the black keys on the current micro keyboard are tricky to tap. Something like this would be nice.

Comments

• That would probably be an improvement but at the same time would still feel like only an 'audition' keyboard. Too small and no octave +/- buttons etc.

There's a thread elsewhere discussing the idea of having an option for an animoog style keys docked to the bottom of screen, something small but 'playable'. And the UI becoming scrollable up/down behind it. That feels like the only real solution for me in terms of BM3 workflow feeling like a midi controller is attached, when it isn't.

On the sample edit page it would be very cool for recording pitch stuff on the keys while also switching slices. So many potential workflow/creative benefits in having both a useable set of 'keys' and the UI pages visible/tweakable simultaneously... Really hope the 'always on top' keys option gets added at some point.
  • edited September 2017

@Heyez said:
    That would probably be an improvement but at the same time would still feel like only an 'audition' keyboard. Too small and no octave +/- buttons etc.

Yes, It was just a rough sketch to illustrate evenly spaced buttons for auditioning samples while slicing and of course you could add +/- buttons or just have side to side keyboard scrolling like some other apps do.

As much as I would love it I just think the space is too small for an animoog styled keyboard. Unless it popped over the parameters at the bottom... hmmm, mayhaps.

With +/- ....

• edited September 2017

This idea is pure gold @Audiogus ;)

• @5pinlink said:
    This idea is pure gold @Audiogus ;)

Hehe, either I am being Captain Obvious on this one or the winky is in reference to my last crazy idea. :smiley:

• The one with the plus and minus is perfect ;)

• edited September 2017
    I tested the current keyboard in this view and I actually have no issue hitting the black keys? Like 100% accuracy.. And not sure if having the 'button' keys would make it easier or harder to play a chord?
    This is judged on a 9.7".. Maybe it's harder to hit the black keys on a mini tho?
    If this 'buttons keys' is added it would be cool if it's as an option in settings just in case some users prefer how it is atm. Neither version is really 'playable' tho :(

The 'octave +/-' would be good addition in any case. As would a 'pitch' button that gave the ability to select a slice and play it chromatically on this screen.
  • @Heyez said:
    I tested the current keyboard in this view and I actually have no issue hitting the black keys? Like 100% accuracy.. And not sure if having the 'button' keys would make it easier or harder to play a chord?
    This is judged on a 9.7".. Maybe it's harder to hit the black keys on a mini tho?
    If this 'buttons keys' is added it would be cool if it's as an option in settings just in case some users prefer how it is atm. Neither version is really 'playable' tho :(

The 'octave +/-' would be good addition in any case. As would a 'pitch' button that gave the ability to select a slice and play it chromatically on this screen.

Yah for me this all about just auditiong samples in the slicer. I don't use it for playing chords. But yes, as an option would likely be best.