Save patterns into a ‘pattern library’

edited November 2017 in Support

Hi everyone !

Is it possible to save pattern from session into à directly ?
like this we could really use all the buttons we made rhythmic and melodic in new songs

Best regards

Ric

Comments

• Great suggestion.
  • edited October 2017
    Patterns can be saved to banks. I'm hoping we can get some added feature so that saving patterns and copying samples is automatically set to ON rather than OFF.

I agree that being able to switch banks but keep the patterns, maybe put in scenes, is a great idea.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • We just need to be able to save to MIDI file ;)

• That is possible ?

• Well yes and no, you can save patterns yes, but they have to be in a bank, so yes you can save them and then use them in a different session, but you are not saving patterns directly, you have to open the bank and then use the track helper to drag them to whatever track you like.

• +20 - I love this idea!

• Saving banks to any folder, saving MIDI, I wish haha

• Because the interesting thing about it is to have a data base of rhythm and melodies to : quickly create ideas in a session ( morning drinking my coffee ) that gather all patterns to make a song ( later for lunch ).
    @DeanDaughters and for thé contests share a zip of pattern to make remixes.

I will go probably too far but maybe create a pattern cloud who anyone could exchange his ideas....

• edited October 2017

You can do all of that now with banks.
    The only advantages would be tidiness (so we could visually see each individual pattern in the library, which you can already do by creating a bank per pattern if you were that way inclined) and realtime preview.
    But as we dont even have preview in sync for samples, i would suggest we are a long way away from either of those.
    And the obvious advantage of direct drag n drop from the browser to the timeline.

• While we do have 'drag n drop' from browser to time-line or pads the opposite would also be super handy.

Say for example drag a pad to a folder in the file-browser to save a 'pad preset' or drag a pattern to file-browser to save the pattern as a file etc.

From what I've understood the file format is pretty modular so theoretically it would be possible to save a 'pad preset' without the sample(s) to create templates for a specific types of sounds.

Don't know how busy the developers are with upcoming 3.0.4 update and fixing the ancient BM2 but I do hope we'll see some 'proof of life' from them soonish :)

• Its the 18th of October and the last release was in September, I suspect we may see another release this month, but lets not start using terms like 'proof of life'
    Like i have said a bunch of times recently, this forum is by users for users, just because the developers don't really get involved here, does not mean that Intua is dead or dying ;)

• @5pinlink said:
    Its the 18th of October and the last release was in September, I suspect we may see another release this month, but lets not start using terms like 'proof of life'
    Like i have said a bunch of times recently, this forum is by users for users, just because the developers don't really get involved here, does not mean that Intua is dead or dying ;)

Sorry for the bad joke. I'm fully aware of status of this forum and I do have some communication with mathieu reporting bugs and following up a thing or two with friendly reminders every now and then so it's all good.

• I only said it because most users assume you have a lot of contact with the developers, comments like that will very soon turn to rumour, rumour very soon turns to internet factoid ;)

• The communication is not nearly as frequent as it was during the initial beta.
    I do hope we'll se at least a few more betas before 3.0.4 is sent of to Apple for review.

I have no clue on how heavy the pressure is on the iPhone version (which to me is 'total nuts' considering the apps complexity) and what the other priorities are.

But back to the 'saving a pattern', I think It's doable but would create a potential chaos without proper notes attached to them...(ie. what patches/sounds/plug-ins were used for each of the keys/notes etc.).

• At the end of the day, pattern saves can only ever be note data, otherwise it is a bank, its really that simple, thats why i would suggest that MIDI export of patterns is much more useful/universal.

To be honest, with MIDI export and the right options (To notes or to channels, ala Maschine) I could actually start to look at getting rid of Maschine entirely, that would be really nice, finally get away from that rotting mess that is NI.

• Yepp, exporting clean *.mid clips makes most sense.

Icing on the cake would be midi re-map options (note & channel) on both import & export.
    This would make smoother to re-use clips with a 'bank' where the note/pad layout differers.

I mean we're still in need of more advanced midi-process tools in the sequencer in BM3.
    (Search & Replace notes, Scale-Fix-Ramp Velocity and CC/Automation values etc. etc. etc.).

• Also would love a nice way to export/import/manage midi data.

• @Samu yes the MIDI import remapping is pretty terrible right now, the fact that BM3s pads is based on channels, but there is no way to remap channels, or there is no way to remap every note to 0, when every pad uses note 0, it is a very poor implementation.

• Export MID, yes please. Would be the final nail in Maschine’s coffin for me and I’m sure I could convince others to go ios for that and BM3’s sampler.

• Very simply: yes to midi export.
  • Saving midi patterns was an obvious function and super easy in BM2. When you were in pattern editing mode, there was the « export midi pattern » button and you could choose where you want to save it, create a folder in the same time and rename it as you like. Then, on a midi track of your session, there was the « load midi » button and you then you could search in your file browser between your folders... It seemed so obvious... I don’t know why it can’t be the same in BM3...

• It has been out three months, if they held the release until all the things they want to implement were implemented, we would now still be hearing "Get it out already, you can add features after the release"
    If they now drop everything and concentrate on MIDI export, all the people waiting for the iPhone release will start in again "When is iPhone coming"

These are just examples of exactly "Why it can't be the same in BM3"

Just because it doesn't exist yet, doesn't mean it wont exist at all.

• @5pinlink said:
    These are just examples of exactly "Why it can't be the same in BM3"

I couldn’t agree more with you. BM3 totally surprised me, impressed me and exited me. And because I was an inconditionnel fan of BM2, it destabilized me... a lot. And because of this quite radical new proposition from Intua, the best attitude would be to embrace it rather than work against it.
    That being said, it would be reasonable to ask for some of the most simple but important tasks. Just being able to save midi patterns is important for an app like BM3. When you have work with BM2 for years, even if your open to changes, some habits are hard to forget.

• It will come eventually ;)