Anyone producing jungle/dnb?

Just downloaded a whole bunch of samples on the Ipad and am making some ravey jungle type tunes. Really in need of some bass samples and accapellas if anyone has some legit links that'd be excellent. Look forward to developing the discussion. Nice one.

Comments

• Sounds good - would make a great project for BM3 November Battle #3

Re: bass - my advice is to:
    1) Upgrade to BM3
    2) Buy a few tasty AU synths (Poison, Zeeon, etc)
    3) Make your own crazy new nerofunk/reese/other bass patch

• No links sorry, make all my own sounds, try the DOA forum ;)
  • I have been making my own sounds using some sounds within BM2. I have my own chords which are sounding pretty tasty when played in a rave style. :wink:

• edited October 2017
    Rave sounds are super easy, i even did a video tutorial on it (look in tips n tricks)

Jungle bass is pretty much just a sin/tri.
    DnB is an entirely different proposition that starts with Subs and goes through Reeses and in to Neuros, literally millions of types haha, those are a bit harder, but its all pretty much resampling.
  • I like using 1 finger chords but find it can be limiting. That's why I tend to play all my chords in with most tracks I make except of course for ravey ones lol. :smile:

• @5pinlink said:
    Rave sounds are super easy, i even did a video tutorial on it (look in tips n tricks)

Can you post the link mate. :smile:

• Nice mate I'll check these later!!!

• @The_Bro said:
    Really in need of some bass samples and accapellas

BM2 had the Biohazard DnB sound pack. There are some great dirty bass samples and synths in the paid version.

@tk32 said:
    2) Buy a few tasty AU synths (Poison, Zeeon, etc)

Is Zeeon the new Beepstreet Synth? I really like Sunrizer and I've heard good things about Zeeon. Is it worth it?

• I just watched this video and then went out and bought Zeeon.

• edited October 2017

@snicka

Yeah, Zeeon is the new synth from Beepstreet and it's great. But so is Poison, iSEM, Phase-/Trouble-/Ripple-maker etc etc. Considering most of these desktop-quality AU synths are rarely more than $10 it'd be crazy for me to say that any of them are not worth it.

My advice is to buy them all and support the fantastic devs to make even more cool stuff

• edited October 2017
    Definitely want to add a +1 to support AU devs, especially @brambos that guy is right on the cutting edge and pushing the format forward more than any other developer right now.
  • 1st jungle track I've done on BM2. Well first I've uploaded lol. Let me know your thoughts!! Just a quick demo by the way. Cheers.

• edited October 2017

Very nice @The_Bro though I would say it's more of a 1992/3 Hardcore vibe than strictly Jungle/DnB

I was having a bit of fun naming the sources for all the various samples in there.

Reminds me (a little bit) of the stuff Machine Drum was doing with his album Vapour City on Ninja Tune records a few years back:

My only (small) suggestion is that the melody line remains veiled for the whole track. It would be nice having the melodic parts released from their lowpass filter as the track builds, and to have something else to sit in the mid-high frequencies other than the sizzle from the breaks.

• Thanks man!! Yeah this is literally my first demo of the tune. I will add more to it when I get a chance. Thanks for listening.

• I almost forgot I made this in BM2:
    It was the first time I had done a bootleg dnb cover, and one of my first attempts at making a dnb track (and you might not consider it dnb, or maybe it's whatever subgenre, I have no idea so you tell me). I'm pretty sure I'll have a go at remaking this in BM3, probably with drastic changes.

• btw, finally listening to your demo on some proper speakers, and I dig it a lot. totally old school jungle/hardcore vibe. I do think it needs more weight in the sub area, but it's not completely lacking. I can feel when the sub hits, but I want more of it. If you have time, definitely start spending time in BM3 (you worked out the family purchase thing yeah?).

• edited October 2017

I make dnb.. thor is a great synth for making a nice reese. I think i always fall back on thor from being a reason user. There are some very nice AU synths that get the job done. Animoog is nice too..ive been staying away from my ipad lately due to it always being low on memory, my old android with sd card is whats up and caustic 3.2 is very nice for dnb. Im missing the AU synths but having a memory card with hella samples and having a modular plus all the self contained synths as well as a sample synth i can build synths outta with my own samples is tits! I really wish ipads had sd card slots, why the hell dont they, caustic on ios is like sex with a condom, caustic on android is like raw dogging it, being able to pull stuff and preview it from the sd card is sooooooooo nice...but i do miss those AU synths..lol

• edited October 2017

@selfinflict3

You do realise BM3 stands for BEAST MODE THREESOME

Caustic is great, sure, but it's really time you cleared the memory off your iPad (or upgraded) and got 'Intua' super sexy time with BM3 and all those gorgeous ladies AU plugins.

• @ronji said:
    btw, finally listening to your demo on some proper speakers, and I dig it a lot. totally old school jungle/hardcore vibe. I do think it needs more weight in the sub area, but it's not completely lacking. I can feel when the sub hits, but I want more of it. If you have time, definitely start spending time in BM3 (you worked out the family purchase thing yeah?).

Thanks man appreciate that you're feeling it. Am working on version 2 at the moment. I understand what you're saying with the sub lacking. Hopefully will post v2 soon.

• edited March 2018

Yo, anyone mess with scythe?? Dope ass wavetable synth nice for dnb with bm3

• Ez... been making dnb for years (soundcloud) but my studio took a hit after moving home. Recently got into using my iPad and BM3 to start making some tunes again. Coming from Ableton I'm finding the workflow generally adaptable, just getting used to it all.

Drums are all good. I'm finding sample manipulation and layering for sounds is a bit clunky but I can get some decent results. Planning on getting Poison for sound creation, any other recommendations? (I have animoog but want something a bit more traditional).

I also need to get some reliable effects. Any recommendations on Distortion, Saturation and Filter AUs?

Thanks,

Dan