BM3 Beat Battle 02 (Entries by Oct 31st)

Comments

• I have a track in progress. Planning to submit later this week.
  • edited October 2017

OMFG. Ha ha ha ha

@tk32 - must have posted at the same time as you - I was laughing at the gif before your post - well done ;)

• Thanks for clearing up the confusion @Nick

...for a moment I did wonder if you were hysterically amused by my what I said - I thought to myself "surely my tracks aren't that bad!"

...then again, you haven't head this one yet...

• edited October 2017

@tk32 Your tracks are far from bad and I am definitely looking forward to hearing your new one! Mine on the other hand... lets just say... if I can ever keep my cool long enough to work in BM3 it for more than a few minutes without yelling, trust me, you will most definitely be the one seriously amused :)

• Here we go....

My submission for Battle #2:

TK32 - "I Have No Fears"

Made this evening in about 2 hours using Dean's lovely Copper Kit plus the following:

• A bunch of Text-2-speech robot samples (created for free online)
    • Brambos' Troublemaker AU for the 303 sounds
    • Zeeon for the other synth bits

Enjoy!

• @tk32 - SWEET! This is really creative, man - Well Done!

:D

Glad to see another entry coming in - Adding to the original post :)

• Very good @tk32 Some great transitions in there. Like the tone :)

• edited October 2017
    Thanks for the kind words everyone.

It's not my best, but I liked the energy of the track so tried to polish it a bit and export all in one evening (an additional restriction I chose to impose on myself, and something I often struggle with... Finishing!).

I really hope there are a few more entries appearing this weekend. I'm very keen to hear what @triton100 has been rapping about :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited October 2017
    Thanks @triton100

In the cold light of morning -- on a better set of headphones/speakers -- I can confirm it is definitely over-crunched :)

It also needs some serious EQ/mastering. Since hearing it today I can tell it's over-compressed, muddy, and quite congested in the lower-mid range. A bit of master bus and drum EQ would really do it some good.

Glad you like the general idea though, and I plan to revisit this at a later date and make a more polished version.
  • edited October 2017

@triton100 said:
    @tk32 definetly work on it more as it has great potential. I can hear a polished version like that possibly being used in a commercial or tv bed etc.

How do you plan to master and eq - in bm3 or auria or waves etc desktop

I would ease off the Rough Rider (Audio Damage) compression AU on the master bus, reduce the distortion on the drums, try to create a more balanced EQ'ing, then probably export the 24-bit WAV to Final Touch (Positive Grid) or Audio Mastering (Igor Vasiliev) iOS apps for final 'gentle' processing.

Alternatively, and despite what the purists say, you can get some pretty OK results from www.landr.com or similar online automated mastering. It might be fun getting a track about robots mastered by a robot ;)

• ...and the "unexpected awesome quote of the day award" goes to:

@tk32 said: It might be fun getting a track about robots mastered by a robot

:o <3

• @tk32 said:
    Here we go....

My submission for Battle #2:

TK32 - "I Have No Fears"

Made this evening in about 2 hours using Dean's lovely Copper Kit plus the following:

• A bunch of Text-2-speech robot samples (created for free online)
    • Brambos' Troublemaker AU for the 303 sounds
    • Zeeon for the other synth bits

Enjoy!

Great track @tk32 !

• edited October 2017
    Nice entries :)

Had some time to put something together today.

Was thinking of doing something like Black Moth Super Rainbow but came out kinda straight up synth pop..

Dean's drums + multiple Zeeon patches + a few crash samples + an oberheim sample patch.

Used the battle as an excuse to dig in to Zeeon and also test if I could comfortably use the BM3 sequencer for a full track. Got stressed pretty fast tho so this is unfinished but all I'll have time for before deadline. Prob export stems and finish in daw at some point. The last 30 secs especially need a ton of work..

Raw mix, no eq/fx except some bm3 limiter.

Thanks for checking it out -

• Thanks @Heyez

Really nice entry (and I am also a fan of BMSR/Tobacco :))

I'll save further comments for the judging thread

• @Heyez - Nice one! I've added it to the OP.

I really like the melodic work you've done here :)

Thanks for taking the time, man :)

• Glad to have you on board @StudioES

Thanks so much for taking time to get involved with these battles

(Listening to your entry now...)
  • @StudioES - OH SNAP! <3

This abstract, melodic, gorgeousness is very, very nice! :smiley:

Well done, sir -- Your participation is totally appreciated!

• @StudioES I love your entry, great use of Dean’s pack and nice melody!

• edited October 2017
    Nice track @StudioES :)

Thanks everyone for the feedback on mine. I just switched the audio link. Couple minor tweaks..
  • edited October 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited October 2017
    Holy crap @triton100

Not at all what I expected. It holds together amazingly well for something so chaotic. (I do mean this as a compliment btw)

Really impressive, and I love the vocoded vocals - what plugin did you use for that bit?
  • edited October 2017

Great submissions by all so far =)
    Here’s my sub

The copper kit, addictive pro, grind, adventure kid single cycles, final touch

• No idea how to do this, see if it works...

Copper kit, garageband, troublemaker, a guitar (through iPad mic, oh well), vocals
    Great contributions so far :smile:

• @triton100 - WOW! <3

I am loving the flava on this !
    +1 for doing vocals!!

This has got my head noddin' af, man!