BM3 Beat Battle 02 (Entries by Oct 31st)

124»

Comments

• @ronji - Very Nice! :#

The [Filthy Neuro Sub Bass Thing] you've got going on here is DELICIOUS af!

Great job! :)

• @denx - Shut the front door with your bad ass funky self! :o

<3

This is SO FUNKY!
    (You got me boppin' and pointin' up in here!)
    Awwwww yeah!

Very, very nice work :p

• @triton100 thanks bruv!
    @DeanDaughters thanks! I was pleasantly surprised by what I could do with just one of the bassy kicks from your kit, with the middle looped, sent to aux 1 with grind on it. The variation in the distortion is mostly thanks to some automation on the send.

• @ronji said: what I could do with just one of the bassy kicks from your kit, with the middle looped, sent to aux 1 with grind on it.

WHOA! Nice one - Thanks for sharing how you made it <3
    I am totally going to try that!

• ...and now we have a proper battle :)

Note - there is still another 18 hours to go before the deadline.

Is anyone else getting ready to submit? (he says, hopefully)

• @DeanDaughters
    Thank you, glad you like it! :blush:

• edited October 2017

I removed link, hadn't followed the rules properly haha, sorry bout that

• edited October 2017

@5pinlink Love it. Plain honesty speaks over genres.
    @Heyez More love. Fan of the Plaid directions. Lots of scope.
    @triton100 Yes.

• @5pinlink

The motherfucker is back!

So glad you entered, though was slightly hoping to hear you sing 'Motherfucker' in Anglo-Cornish. Btw, is that snare drum (starting at 0.20) part of the Copper Kit? :p

• edited October 2017

No its one of my own breaks EQ'd for tops.

Edit good spot, didn't know we couldn't use any other drums, link removed, sorry about that ;)

• No!!

Don't remove it - we'll make an exception for you. Besides, I think @triton100 sneaked a cheeky breakbeat into his submission. Either that, or his drum programming skills are off the charts!

• Nah its all good, can't be not following the rules, I just didn't notice it was only Deans drums and i can't be arsed doing anymore to that pile of cack now hahaha

• @5pinlink said:i can't be arsed doing anymore to that pile of cack now hahaha

Looks like I missed a chance to hear something from you, mate :p

• edited October 2017

I was lucky enough to hear @5pinlink's submission before he pulled it (I thoroughly enjoyed it!). Much respect for pulling it on account of the rules. How can there be a winner if we don't follow the rules? =) I did hear a breakbeat in @triton100's submission, but I told myself it sounded like he maybe could have created the break from the kit, which is something I considered doing, but I didn't have the time.

• Yeah i should have read the rules before posting hahaha

• edited October 2017

Well... I thoroughly enjoyed the motherfucker track for the short while it was here.

Could we ask your missus to lock you in the car every week for a few hours so you can have further focussed BM3 sessions.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited October 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • It was a shit track, but it weren't as shit as Eastenders ya cheeky ********** hahahahaha

• @triton100 Try and recreate the break by placing the hits from the copper kit in time with the break, bounce it, then replace the break with the one you just made! I dunno if that's more or less difficult in the end, but it's what I was gonna try at some point with my track. I'm sure it'll come out great either way.

• edited October 2017

Its actually dead simple ronji.
    Slice the break, save to pattern (this creates all the samples per pad and creates a MIDI pattern too) drag copper hits over to replace the break hits.
    You will have to adjust up your velocities, but the timing and pattern will be perfect.
    After that you are probably going to want to fake a bit of the sound
    On the bank bit crush at 12/32, EQ a bit of the highs out, boost a smidge in the mids, little bit of compression and a gnats nuts of saturation.
    You will be gold in no time ;)

• @5pinlink said:
    Slice the break, save to pattern (this creates all the samples per pad and creates a MIDI pattern too) drag copper hits over to replace the break hits.
    You will have to adjust up your velocities, but the timing and pattern will be perfect.

I think that's the tip I needed to get started out right, quick and easy. Gonna try it soon. Thanks!

• This is a great tip for extracting the 'groove' from a rhythm loop.

As @5pin says, slice according to the transients (or manually) and then use the option to create a pattern from slices. You can remap/transpose the hits whilst keeping the timing intact (or even use the midi copy/paste to move the pattern onto a different bank)

Great tip

• @5pinlink said:
    After that you are probably going to want to fake a bit of the sound
    On the bank bit crush at 12/32, EQ a bit of the highs out, boost a smidge in the mids, little bit of compression and a gnats nuts of saturation.
    You will be gold in no time ;)

Thank you for this great tip @5pinlink !

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @triton100 I didn't mean jungly, but what's important is that you got your track resubmitted in time!

• edited November 2017

Amazingly quick turnaround and fix @triton100 - so pleased you are still in the running :)

...and so I guess the battle is now CLOSED. Many thanks to everyone who took the time to submit something. I'm sure Dean will agree how exciting it was to see so many new people submitting entries for this 2nd battle. Good luck everyone for the judging round (though I'm really struggling already to decide how to award my vote!)

@DeanDaughters would you kindly gather the entries into a new thread, and either create a voting poll, or encourage people to vote with comments (or have both, your choice!)

@5pinlink once Dean has created the voting thread would you be so kind as to sticky it