1.3 The record feature

edited January 2009 in General
Has anyone used it yet? and if so how is the sound quality? also I am not sure but can you go from the line out of a sound source to the line in of the iphone? I am asking because i have a 1st gen ipod touch and am wondering if it is worth it to get the new itouch so i can record samples directly into Beatmaker. How does it work? is it a line signal? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• edited 10:07AM
    I have used it a little bit...
    It cuts off the audio that is playing, so it is hard to record something in sync with the rest of the song.

I think is says on the product page that the record only works with 2nd generation iphones (and touches...do they have a mic?)
    I have used it a little bit...
    It cuts off the audio that is playing, so it is hard to record something in sync with the rest of the song.

I think is says on the product page that the record only works with 2nd generation iphones (and touches...do they have a mic?)
    it would be great if they could do like noisio and add a light to the record section, so you can at least watch a metronome. Of course an audio metronome wouldnt work because the audio of the click would enter the recording. A visual metronome would be great.
    As long as you were using headphones (which would probably be used for better monitoring anyway) you wouldn't get any bleed from the metronome.