Apple AUv3 plugins - Why plug-in won’t show in BM3?

Can view plugin in GarageBand, but won’t show plugin on effects chain in BM3. Does Apple have something to do with this?

Comments

• Developers of hosts have to decide themselves to show those plugins if i remember rightly.

• @5pinlink said:
    Developers of hosts have to decide themselves to show those plugins if i remember rightly.

I appreciate your quick response. Thank you!

• that's what those were! when I first got BM3, I'm pretty sure those plugins showed in the AUv3 list, but I didn't know how to make them do anything. no interface loaded, but I didn't ever try the show knobs button. now, they don't show up in the list, so I'm guessing that was a deliberate choice. why tho?

• edited December 2017

While there are some quite useable AVu3 plug-ins baked into iOS many of them lack dedicated UI so each developer has to build their own UI for showing the parameters that can be adjusted. Apple has does this in GarageBand. I think MTS and ZMors Modular are two other apps that have custom UIs for the iOS AUv3's and Twisted Wave just shows a parameter list that can be edited.

They were temporarily available in one of the earlier BM3 betas but were quite useless without a UI, only the 'default' effect could be heard but no way to adjust them.

• @ronji said:
    that's what those were! when I first got BM3, I'm pretty sure those plugins showed in the AUv3 list, but I didn't know how to make them do anything. no interface loaded, but I didn't ever try the show knobs button. now, they don't show up in the list, so I'm guessing that was a deliberate choice. why tho?

Maybe it’s because they are listed as IAAs in BM3. Who knows....

• @mefisme wow weird, I was just about to say that they are nowhere to be found anymore, but lo and behold there they are in the IAA effect plugin list. for me, they've got seemingly random icons from other plugins I have, so I scrolled right by them. they do work like @samu mentioned, as I threw a delay on a bank and it's definitely adding delay, but there are no controls. guess this still needs to be sorted out.

• @ronji said:
    @mefisme wow weird, I was just about to say that they are nowhere to be found anymore, but lo and behold there they are in the IAA effect plugin list. for me, they've got seemingly random icons from other plugins I have, so I scrolled right by them. they do work like @samu mentioned, as I threw a delay on a bank and it's definitely adding delay, but there are no controls. guess this still needs to be sorted out.

I guess I really want that pitch shifter. It's awesome.

• Lol, that must be a really bad bug with the Apple AUv3's in the IAA section with weirdo Icons :D

@mathieugarcie is this intentional???

• @samu that’s how it looks on mine too. Icons from other AUv3s.

@StudioES not sure if this is GarageBand GUI specific... Probably, but this is the interface in that. Very simple.

• @StudioES yes uses page dots has all 16 on AuDistortion. All 40 on EQ.