full menu options especially in song mode

like traditional daws - copy/paste edit/delete save/import/export / repeat/duplicate select all etc at the top of the song screen window.
Will feel more DAWish if that's a new word :-) coming from a Pro Tools/Logic background.

Comments

• Edit/Repeat/Duplicate/Set Loop/Remove are all at the bottom right in song view.
    I agree that Copy/Paste needs adding too though.
    But without wanting to be too unkind, Intuas attempt at copy/paste in the pattern editor is pitiful, so if that is their version of copy/paste i prefer it to just not exist at all.

• What’s wrong with copy paste in pattern?

• Try copying from one lane to another ;)

Copy a lane, choose another lane, press paste, they designed it for copying between banks, copy and paste is copy and paste, so if i copy the notes from the kick drum and paste them to the snare, it should work, it doesn't ;)

• @5pinlink said:
    Edit/Repeat/Duplicate/Set Loop/Remove are all at the bottom right in song view.
    I agree that Copy/Paste needs adding too though.
    But without wanting to be too unkind, Intuas attempt at copy/paste in the pattern editor is pitiful, so if that is their version of copy/paste i prefer it to just not exist at all.

agreed 100 percent hence my menu suggestion.

• @eclipxe said:
    What’s wrong with copy paste in pattern?

everything .

• Yep. A simple, universal Copy/paste should be in the left column (or added to top like traditional daw layout like suggested). Having copy/paste as it is currently (scattered in screen locations or hidden in menus, depending on task) just adds to the 'all over the place' vibe that BM3 can have sometimes..