option export track stems with fx that are on master channel

basically stems routed through Master are exported with any fx on Master would be ideal
At moment seems i have to put effects to each pad for stem export .If for instance I want to have bit crusher sound on the overall track I have to put bitcrusher on each pad in the mixer "show all pads" then insert the bit crusher or whatever fx on each pad then export stems with fx that is very very time consuming.

Comments

• Yah I would love export stems with seperate aux per stem, if that makes sense.

• edited December 2017

Just to give some perspective here (Not saying i agree, one way or the other) this was a regular request of Maschine users, however a working system could never be reached, every time a version got tested, it was constantly met with "But it isn't outputting what i am hearing" and here lies the quandary.

A master effect is running on everything coming through the master channel, now when you isolate each channel to create stems and then run those through the master effects, they by their very nature are now completely different to what you were hearing when you listened to the master.

Heres a quick example.
    Put a compressor on the master and get that bad boy pumping the entire track, sounds great hey !!!!
    Now turn everything off but the bassline, woah woah woah, that sound for s**t.

So while it is a nice idea, in practice it is not so much.
    On the desktop this is negated a bit by the fact that you can just reuse your master VST or AU or whatever on you stem mix master, so i do see where you are coming from completely, just wanted to offer a perspective of seeing this try to get implemented years ago ;)

• Solo said channel and export song?

• edited December 2017

@L8BIT said:
    Solo said channel and export song?

yep I thought that too but then can't multi export.

• @Audiogus said:
    Yah I would love export stems with seperate aux per stem, if that makes sense.

makes perfect sense

• edited December 2017

@5pinlink said:
    Just to give some perspective here (Not saying i agree, one way or the other) this was a regular request of Maschine users, however a working system could never be reached, every time a version got tested, it was constantly met with "But it isn't outputting what i am hearing" and here lies the quandary.

A master effect is running on everything coming through the master channel, now when you isolate each channel to create stems and then run those through the master effects, they by their very nature are now completely different to what you were hearing when you listened to the master.

Heres a quick example.
    Put a compressor on the master and get that bad boy pumping the entire track, sounds great hey !!!!
    Now turn everything off but the bassline, woah woah woah, that sound for s**t.

So while it is a nice idea, in practice it is not so much.
    On the desktop this is negated a bit by the fact that you can just reuse your master VST or AU or whatever on you stem mix master, so i do see where you are coming from completely, just wanted to offer a perspective of seeing this try to get implemented years ago ;)

i hear what your saying but I would only put sound scupltering effect on the Master i.e bit crusher .
    My reason for exporting stems would be to have them mixed through compression etc iin a seperate DAW i.e Auria Pro where Auria will have the inserts i.e compresion / limiter on the Master.
    It really is a long way around within Bm3 to have to put the same effects i.e bitcrusher on every pad . Imagine having 24 - 64 tracks .....that is a lot of inserting fx per pad.
    Also in situations where you have a mix engineer needing your bounced stems under extreme time constraints.

• I would just batch effect the files, like i said, if you do it on the master you are doing it blind anyway, may as well do it after the fact in an audio editor, i am not saying don't do this feature, but there is a reason why other DAWs haven't ;)

• This would lead to another FR. Select a bunch of 'files' in the FileBrowser and 'batch them' using an effect-chain preset...(It would be like 'Automate' in Photoshop where you can process a large number of files using a macro).

And while we're on the topic of bit&rate-reduction these would be pure candy if they could be applied on a sample before it's pitch-interpolated and passed on in the audio-pipeline...

• edited December 2017

Yeah we need chain baking really, not just bit crush @samu.
    That way we can add a smidge of saturation and an EQ profile and pretty much match the profile of any of the older samplers.
    It is easy to achieve in terms of the UI, just have an extra entry in the process menu "Apply FX preset/Chain"
    Then just add saving chains to the effects presets we already have.
    Tap "Apply FX Preset/Chain" choose your preset or chain, bam, baked in.

Or just give us the ability to drag one pad to another pad and the new pad is the previous pad completely baked with all settings, thats even better.

• @Audiogus said:

the only prob with that though is it actually can be done that way in Bm3 but Bm3 sums both the original mix channel with the Aux channel creating one channel

@5pinlink said:
    That way we can add a smidge of saturation and an EQ profile and pretty much match the profile of any of the older samplers.
    It is easy to achieve in terms of the UI, just have an extra entry in the process menu "Apply FX preset/Chain"

Or just give us the ability to drag one pad to another pad and the new pad is the previous pad completely baked with all settings, thats even better.

excellent suggestions

• @5pinlink said:

Bingo, these are the kind of ideas I've been ventilating in the plethora of e-mails back and forth during the days.
    As I've understood it BM3 is still a 'sampler at heart' and all the other 'Abletonish Stuff' is just steering away the focus from what BM3 is all about and that's being a proper sampling workstation and not a 'do everything everyone asks for'. (I draw the parallel to something like the Roland W-30 on roids).

• edited December 2017

@samu said:
    This would lead to another FR. Select a bunch of 'files' in the FileBrowser and 'batch them' using an effect-chain preset...(It would be like 'Automate' in Photoshop where you can process a large number of files using a macro).

And while we're on the topic of bit&rate-reduction these would be pure candy if they could be applied on a sample before it's pitch-interpolated and passed on in the audio-pipeline...

Agreed 100% though i guess maybe add bit rate etc within the four sample layer fx Will try that though @5pinlink suggestions seem the better way for me.

• @Audiogus said:

the only prob with that though is it actually can be done that way in Bm3 but Bm3 sums both the original mix channel with the Aux channel creating one channel

Then it can’t be done.