BM3 silenced after short trips away! [Zeeon]

edited December 2017 in Bug reports

Leaving a session (just for a few minutes) is silencing BM3.

Every time I create a thread and return, I have to reload session. Wasn’t like this before..

King

Comments

• Also, when I check the cpu on return it is bouncing from zero to just over 100.

It was around 6-7% before I left.

King

• Right, so here’s the thing:

If I leave BM3 on the settings page and return after many minutes, all is well.
    But if I leave it on the song page, ‘Silence’, and only after a few minutes.

Don’t know how all the different pages are affected, and right now I ain’t going to try to find out.

But there you have it, weirdness, abounds!

King

• @KING said:
    Right, so here’s the thing:

If I leave BM3 on the settings page and return after many minutes, all is well.
    But if I leave it on the song page, ‘Silence’, and only after a few minutes.

Don’t know how all the different pages are affected, and right now I ain’t going to try to find out.

But there you have it, weirdness, abounds!

King

might be Background apps running in background - i.e IAA effects/instruments going haywire when not active. maybe try do a test with just bm3 effects and another with no effects at all ..let me know the outcome g

• Yeah I’m doing some more test, Update in a bit..

(But no IAA’s though) I try not to use them in BM3. Or at all.. ;)

King

• Just went back to a Zeeon only session, no midi or anything just Zeeon.
    Zeeon had crashed (it tells me when I reload session).
    Bm3 was unresponsive for a short time too.
    I’ve left Viking alone over there, let me see what it’s up to...

King

• Viking was fine, and in good voice, gonna try a couple more AU’s and I’m done!

Need to get some music vibes going..

King

• Try it without any AU, IOS sees AU as independant applications, thats why you cant start screen recording for example until after AU plugins are loaded.

I think this is a bug with AU support in IOS personally, will test the no audio thing when im home ;)

• edited December 2017

Keep getting this and similar. Although it (zeeon) wasn’t in this session anymore.

King

• Got Poison-202 over there at the mo.

Will test the empty session, but I have a feeling it has to do with Zeeon!

King

• edited December 2017

100% Zeeon! or BM3 + Zeeon. But Zeeon is in there!

This time when I went back to BM3 and pressed play (as I did a few times before, but didn’t mention it) the metronome click was very distorted ‘artfacts’. As soon as I cleared Zeeon from the bank, boom! the sound of the metronome came back crystal.

(No AU testing results, were as expected .. normal)

Guess I’ll be emailing Beep Steet..

King

• Should probably mention this in the Zeeon compatibility thread too, what do you think ?

• Left Kauldron brewing just as a bonus!

King

• edited December 2017

@5pinlink said:
    Should probably mention this in the Zeeon compatibility thread too, what do you think ?

Was thinking that ealier, I’ll go over in a min and put a link to here etc..

King

• Developer contacted, we should hear from him shortly.

King

• edited December 2017

Yep!

He has already replied, I’m just checking to see if he minds me updating the thread with his replies..

But he’s on the case.. ;)

Cc: @mathieugarcia

King

• edited December 2017

Let me know if you get a confirm from him on this being Zeeon and i will move it to compatibility ;)

• His first reply:

“Thanks!

I gonna check it and let you know
    As its a host issue, hope Intua guys are on this as well.

Regards,
    Jarek”

At the moment he’s trying to recreate the issue...

King

• edited December 2017

The meat of the second:

“The problem occurs in BM3, so I may not be able to find what is the reason. Most probably it’s something specific in interaction between the DAW and AU...

...but most importantly Intua devs should check this case”

King

• In bugs it stays then ;)