midi clock

is there a way to sync beatmaker 3 to midi clock? I dont use ableton so link is pointless and its vital for anything time based, delays/noterepeats etc

Comments

• @mathieugarcia has said they'll bring this back in a future update. In the meantime if you have BM2 you can use BM2's transport to start and stop BM3.

• MIDI clock receive/send will make a comeback pretty soon, that's for sure!

• @mathieugarcia said:
    MIDI clock receive/send will make a comeback pretty soon, that's for sure!

Excellent!

• @mathieugarcia amazing, its pretty vital. I think at that point it really will have replaced the MPC in my rig. any hint towards whether chord mode over midi will happen?

• Hadn’t realised this wasn’t possible. Derails my master plan for a laptop free rig... Would love to see this soon.

• Just bought BeatMaker 3 and setting it up in my studio. Gutted to see lack of MTC or Midi Beat Clock support. I work mainly with Logic so LINK is of limited use.....

• OTOH I am delighted that Ableton Link is working

• @geniusJones least we know it’s coming eventually. Midi clock does actually start bm3 but it doesn’t restart or sync to tempo, we only have that much so far

• @JDB said:
    @geniusJones least we know it’s coming eventually. Midi clock does actually start bm3 but it doesn’t restart or sync to tempo, we only have that much so far

BM3 does start/stop/sync to BM2's tempo.

• I don’t have beatmaker 2 and that’s a level more of abstraction that I dont really want. Thanks for offering a workaround though

• @Sherb said:
    Hadn’t realised this wasn’t possible. Derails my master plan for a laptop free rig... Would love to see this soon.

Same here. Played around with it yesterday. And came to the point where I wanted to connect it to my other gear.. then I found out that there's no clock :(. Hope it will come rather sooner than later. Link is cool and I'm glad you support it, but in my computer free setup it doesn't do much.

• https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/midi-link-sync/id1071048493?mt=8

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/midi-link-sync/id1071048493?mt=8

The second is free. If it doesn't work for you then the first one is supposed be pretty good (and is only a dollar).

• Both links are exactly the same ?

• I use alexandernauts tool with my mpk mini that does the same thing. It is called Link to Midi. Maybe that was the one he was suggesting.

• Yeah sorry. I'm switching between Mac and PC a lot today and the different keyboard controls are playing havoc:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/link-to-midi/id1066216595?mt=8

I would try that one first.

• BIG +1 for MIDI Clock Sync (master & slave). I desperately need this.

• edited March 2018

Any update on when this feature will be implemented?

I just started to work with integrating this with my DAW and workflow and without this feature it's totally useless in that context.

Otherwise great app but this is a MIDI music 101 feature and without it it's not on the level of a professional tool.

• +1 for this too!
    I hope it keeps time unlke the BM3 Ableton link implementation, which I haven’t seemed to have any success with so far.

• edited April 2018

@mathieugarcia said:

@mathieugarcia
    Do you need help from experienced developers who have done tight MIDI master+slave sync?
    "Pretty soon" is almost half a year now.

• @beatgrid said:

@mathieugarcia said:

@mathieugarcia
    Do you need help from experienced developers who have done tight MIDI master+slave sync?
    "Pretty soon" is almost half a year now.

Three posts total, summarised here....
    Post 1 "I am disappointed with a bug, I should be a beta tester"
    Post 2 "I should be a beta tester because the beta testers are not doing their job properly"
    Post 3 "Get some help from experienced developers"
    I shall summarise some replies for you....
    Reply 1 "You have posted three times in four months, beta testers need to be regular users/posters"
    Reply 2 "You are not a tester, so how do you know testers are not doing their job properly"
    Reply 3 "You do realise that Intua have been developing audio software on IOS longer than anybody else, experienced developers indeed"

Being disrespectful to Intua and their beta testers around here will get you no friends at all, they are trying to do a job, and at this point are doing pretty much a better job than any other developers on IOS.

• By the way, we all want MIDI clock ;)

• Any news on the ETA with this feature? My Beatmaker 3 is stillborn. I can't use this in a professional environment nor can I recommend this product to anyone.

• Any update on what’s being worked on at all? Just curious as to what the future holds. anything interesting coming soon or are we just sitting in the dark completely?

• 3.1 is gonna be hella interesting with all the bugfixes that have been confirmed in other threads, but new feature wise we are all waiting for patch notes to be posted by intua when they're ready.

• MIDI export was confirmed in a thread sonewhere by one of the developers, thats pretty big.

• Any update on this?

• Not yet

• edited June 2018

@WillieNegus said:
    If you are familiar with Intua you know that it is a weeeee small group of folk creatin this wizardry. Good wizardry means we never know what @mathieugarcia is actually doing with it or when updates are coming. Just that it’s coming. Coming in Intua speak could be days, could be years. One thing I can vouch for is that when it drops, it will be good and very welcomed.

People on the beta confirmed a while ago that the missing AU automations (like the BIG JUICY Model 15 freq knob and the Emo Chorus params etc) could be automated. That alone gets me excited and waiting with baited breath for 3.1. As for midi clock, not really expecting it in the next one.