BeatMaker 1 fan - will Intua ever update?

I have BM1 and 2 and still love version 1. Unfortunately I can’t open it with the newer OS versions.

Has Intua given up on updating it? I really enjoyed the simplicity and constraints of the program and it made for some cool creations and I’d still like to use it.

I did pay for it, after all!

Comments

• I really doubt they’ll continue to update it for support on the latest iOS. Your only option will be to use a device that still runs an older supported iOS. There have been so many changes in the tools for developing iOS apps, and changes to the hardware that runs it. Many times older iOS versions have to become unsupported in order to support new features, so it’s a balancing act. I’ve purchased bm1, bm2, and bm3, over the many years and many devices and many iOS versions, but I don’t have anything that will run an iOS old enough to run bm1, or probably many other apps for that matter. It happens, unfortunately.

• @beedoola said:

When you bought it, what OS did it say it ran on ?
    May i suggest running it on that OS ;)

• @beedoola said:
    I have BM1 and 2 and still love version 1. Unfortunately I can’t open it with the newer OS versions.

Has Intua given up on updating it? I really enjoyed the simplicity and constraints of the program and it made for some cool creations and I’d still like to use it.

Ok, an app that cost you a few bucks for many many years ago, you still demand an update for that...
    Holy moses... Funny guy...

• You paid for it? Well that changes everything.

• @brambos said:
    You paid for it? Well that changes everything.

Great irony ;-)

• edited December 2017

This is a joke right. How much did that app cost. Its like saying I paid $4.99 for a bag of sliced bread and I should have free slice bread for 10 years and beyond. If you still have it on an old device use it. Its not broken because intua didn't leave it broken.

• Have you tried BM3? I heard it's pretty good.

• edited December 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.