Slicer FX Uses

I haven’t found a good use for these yet. I’ve tried every possible combination on aux tracks, banks, or pads and can’t get it to do anything useful. Even tried multiple slicers. Closest I got was the ability to trigger it on and off with a macro control and worked best at 1/32T. I feel like it needs more options. It’s useful with touch, but not macro mapped. Any tips on ways to use this thing?

Comments

• @StudioES said:
    I tried it on everything, but couldn't get repeatable results. Seems like it is intended for short percussive sounds, since it retriggers only the start of the sample not anywhere in the sample like the Roland Slicer FX, but have no idea if that was the inspiration.

It only triggers the start of a sample? I thought it triggered the start only if it was mapped. Touches I thought were different.

• Tried it once, wont be using it again in a hurry lol

• @StudioES said:

@mefisme said:

@StudioES said:
    I tried it on everything, but couldn't get repeatable results. Seems like it is intended for short percussive sounds, since it retriggers only the start of the sample not anywhere in the sample like the Roland Slicer FX, but have no idea if that was the inspiration.

It only triggers the start of a sample? I thought it triggered the start only if it was mapped. Touches I thought were different.

You're right, It's the ROLL in the Pad Performance page that re-triggers the start. The Slicer FX doesn't re-trigger the start. Actually it's pretty cool on long drum loops.

I'm trying to see when and how it begins to trigger the effect. Hoping when I feed it a signal when its on an aux track or simultaneously with the repeats. It may be a lost cause. It makes for an interesting sound/drum pattern generator. I guess not being able to assign independent slicer intervals when using it with a controller makes it not useful fo for me. Touch seems okay.

• I see Slicer as a work in progress. It definitely needs better trigger quantizing. I know its possible to get a better hold of timing because I use Sugar Bytes Tornado as a master effect, and its very tight!