Modulation control with control change

If you want to modulate, say a filter in type sample panel, you choose : modulate, then midi, then control change.
i successfully learn the cc number. But when I change the value of this contrôler on my hardware BM3 doesn’t receive any signal.
Anyone experience the same?

Comments

• Anyone else experience or confirm this problem?

• edited December 2017

@jeezs said:
    Anyone else experience or confirm this problem?

The effect you’re modulating I believe still has to be mapped to a macro control if I’m not mistaken or mapped to a pitch wheel/modulation wheel. I’m not sure though, I’m still unfamiliar with the modulation capabilities.

Does the value change in the modulations section when you turn the knob?

• No values are change in modulation when turning the knob on the midi device.

• @jeezs said:
    No values are change in modulation when turning the knob on the midi device.

I’ll test for you here shortly. Suggest you post a support ticket or video here so devs can get it straightened out if there’s a problem.

• @jeezs couple of things..what effect are you trying to modulate and is your CC being used as a focus Action?

• @mefisme said:
    @jeezs couple of things..what effect are you trying to modulate and is your CC being used as a focus Action?

You are correct. CCs seem to do nothing.

• edited January 2018

hope Mathieu is aware of the problem

• edited January 2018

thanks mefisme for taking time trying this functionality

• This has never worked, i think it is a bit of a placeholder feature for the future.

• @jeezs @5pinlink I can only confirm mod wheel, pitch wheel, note value/velocity and the others working. No CC does anything from what I can tell. Note value is extremely strange to me. Trying to find the use of it. It increases the modulation in increments as you move up the scale. Really strange uses. I mapped it to both a high pass as a test and a tune knob. As I played up on the tune. I could hear audio tuning drift from my sample. This might be highly useful with a AU/IAA synth lacking destabilizing.