beatmaker3 for phones?

when will there be a mobile version for beatmaker 3?

or will there even be one?

Comments

• I believe its on the list. No ETA

• @dizzy said:
    I believe its on the list. No ETA

o ok

• I'm definitely waiting for this. My iPhone is more powerful, better battery life, and has more storage space than my iPad.

• I personally feel that it is a waste of development time to try and cram BM3 onto phones. I'd rather that time was spent on making BM3 even better for iPad.
    There are loads of apps already that allow you to put ideas down on phones (bm2 included). I dont want a jack of all trades, I want a focussed, powerful iPad DAW.

• @L8BIT said:
    I personally feel that it is a waste of development time to try and cram BM3 onto phones. I'd rather that time was spent on making BM3 even better for iPad.
    There are loads of apps already that allow you to put ideas down on phones (bm2 included). I dont want a jack of all trades, I want a focussed, powerful iPad DAW.

Im going to have to agree with l8bit here. BM3 has been advertised as a powerful DAW and wouldn’t make much sense on iPhone. Everything in its design is with iPad in mind. At the end of the day, to make an iPhone version would mean making an entirely different product. What Intua could do is make a sub-product of BM3 for iPhone users. A sort of companion tool. That would make more sense in my opinion.

• edited January 2018

If they dont deliver for iPhone now it would be a scream and shout fest (not including this thread by the way) but haven't you noticed how iPhone users currently have an inferiority complex and are very very vocal overcompensating (again not this thread)
    Just go look at AB forum and read the absolute garbage out of the "Universal or die" brigade.

It is completely pointless trying to explain anything to these people, so port it to iPhone, spend zero time doing so and make it a never ending click fest between screens, or port it to iPhone and spend countless hours refinining the UX rather than fixing bugs/adding features, knowing Intua it will be the former.

But there is an advantageous side effect of all of this, Intua knew they were going to do this, which means their UI code is very modular (ever noticed a post like "Hey Intua x should be in z on the UI" "Done for next release" )
    So not only is this forward thinking on the modular UI getting us updates faster, but another side advantage is the ability to refactor the UI for desktops when they have a stable feature rich product.

So while it seems like a drain on development resources and it probably is, it is advantageous to all of us in the long term

• edited January 2018

We started developing BM3 with a semi-responsive UI in mind. While we needed to rethink a few widgets for the iPhone version, the time spent doing so is quite minimal. The experience should be almost similar, but there are some compromises, obviously.

Now, the "core" needs to be rock solid, and this benefits any variation of BM3: that is/was the main goal of 3.0.0 through 3.0.9.

On that note, v3.0.9 should be available relatively soon, fixing and improving multiple aspect of BM3.

Cheers!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My iPhone is a hand me down 4 that is used just for a really old version of AudioShare as a field recorder, so i will have to buy an iPhone when that gets released.

• Doubt i will go as far as a 7, iPhones are absolute crap as phones, what is it 200mb limit download on apps, WTF is that all about, i will be sticking to Android for everything else hahaha

• edited January 2018

There is a limit to the size of app you can downliad on data connection, no limit via WIFI, google it, it even says it on Apples site, I had to use my Android phone as a hotspot to set up my dads new iPhone 8 with his Mavic software because he got rid of the net and got unlimited data on his phone instead ;)

• Sorry i was mistaken, it was 100mb, they upped it to 150mb as of IOS 11
    https://www.macrumors.com/2017/09/19/apple-app-store-download-limit-increased/

• edited January 2018

3.09 release notes hint at a Beatmaker 3 for iPhone in more than one of the overall improvements. It will come when it comes guys. Patience is virtue. As @mathieugarcia said, core functionality has to be rock solid.

• Is it maybe possible to make it a remote app for the iPad.
    Then it's more useful I think.
    For example a mixer view or fx view and editor .

Happy new year.

• Remember than any device that can send MIDI can be used to control some aspects of the app :-) (focus actions)

• We’ve been waiting months now there should be a release for iPhone this is really messing with my workflow and it’s not fair !!!!!!

• @mathieugarcia said:
    We started developing BM3 with a semi-responsive UI in mind. While we needed to rethink a few widgets for the iPhone version, the time spent doing so is quite minimal. The experience should be almost similar, but there are some compromises, obviously.

Now, the "core" needs to be rock solid, and this benefits any variation of BM3: that is/was the main goal of 3.0.0 through 3.0.9.

On that note, v3.0.9 should be available relatively soon, fixing and improving multiple aspect of BM3.

Cheers!

Where ??????

• Please dont spam multiple topics to try and further your quest for knowledge, it is not very nice netiquette.

• Gotta say I am wondering where the next update is at this point, BM3 received consistent regular updates and it really gave me confidence in the app. somewhat bored of waiting for an update now it’s been forever, still no midi clock? Just give us some mini fixes and any development whatsoever. is the next update gonna be huge or have the devs lost faith? Where did the motivation go? A little communication would be nice and fair enough if it’s an overhaul that’s gonna make things way better but we’re going on basically nothing but “some things are coming someday’