Save/browse/load individual instruments. Pleeeeeease :)

Reached the point where I've nearly got 3 full banks of 'instrument' patches I've made. Mostly sample sounds. Tho some are combinations of an AU like zeeon etc + fx.

This is approx 400 sounds over 3 banks... I really need to be able to browse them in some kind of traditional sense. Not as banks. I miss being able to save/browse for my user patches like I do in Kontakt for example.

For a few reasons it's frustrating not being able to do this.

• I can't always remember which bank I have a certain sound in if I want to load it in to a project.
  • loading an entire bank with 128 sounds (including some AU) is total overkill just to access ONE sound.
  • the workaround is to store each sound as an individual bank. But by doing this I can't import a sound on to a pad in an existing bank that has sounds in it.

@5pinlink maybe I have this all wrong tho?
From memory I feel like with your shared Mellotron presets you managed to do what I'm trying to do? Separate patches and not Banks? If it's possible I'd really appreciate instructions ;) Like how to store sample layers/mapping info + fx etc as one pad that I can browse/load.

Pleeease @mathieugarcia if it isn't possible already can we have a simple 'save pad + fx' in to the browser to build user sound libraries :) Thanks for considering :)

Comments

• edited January 2018

Nah i just did banks for each preset and listed them in a single folder, im desperate for this too !!
    My fear is that because it was not implemented from day 1 and so many packs have been released by Intua, they may not want to do it now, that is the reason Maschine 2 never got its patterns back from v1.

• @5pinlink said:
    Nah i just did banks for each preset and listed them in a single folder, im desperate for this too !!
    My fear is that because it was not implemented from day 1 and so many packs have been released by Intua, they may not want to do it now, that is the reason Maschine 2 never got its patterns back from v1.

Ah man, I really hope it's not a case of 'never' :( its a pretty big deal. Needs that Kontakt kind of basic functionality for user save/browse/load user patches. Fingers crossed...

• edited January 2018

I hope so too, but we haven't even got AU preset support, so its not something i would hold out for.

Under each plugin in the browser there should be a preset dropdown.

Plus there should be an instrument tab with banks and samples, but we will have to see.

• Effects tab too, for effects chains, forgot that, oh and layer fx needs to be a full chain like everywhere else, so we dont need effects chains that only load here, effects chains that only load there.

• Mega +1s

• @mathieugarcia Would be interested to hear your take on this if you get a sec ;) Just to be able to adjust expectations and begin to organise stuff.

Like if this kind of save/browse/load per pad is definitely impossible and never going to arrive, I should probably begin the job of saving all my sounds out to 1 per bank so I can browse them.

Going to be a mission though, there are hundreds! So I don't really want to be doing it if I'm later going to be able to save as pad and have to do it all again ;)

Thanks dude!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited January 2018

Not really, if it is a synth or multisample with effects, that is a lot of resampling which is all manual, and some synths/samples/effects just cant be sampled because they are time based.

• @triton100 said:
    Isn’t the short term work around to record the sound plus effects as a sample and the either tag it using intuas browser system or organise it into your own sample folder system ?

Yeah like @5pinlink says a lot of the sounds aren't static, they have various modulations per layer etc and some also have timestrech options etc. Plus I'd lose fx tails, fx bpm and I think I'd also have to set amp env and loop settings etc each time I loaded one if I understand correctly?

• When I build an instrument, I always do two things. I save the whole bank as the instrument itself...and make sure I save the bank and collect resampled versions with effects off the master of the notes themselves. C-F usually.

• edited January 2018

When i build an instrument i save the bank, done. (Not save with samples either)