Wave timestreching

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • FYI i am on @mathieugarcia case to implement those formula direct in to the browser/sampler :)

• There is a ton of tweaks in 3.0.9 not listed in the forthcoming too, @mathieugarcia has absolutely been hammering MIDI AU timing errors and stuff with help from @brambos (i have been lucky enough they kept me in the loop)

• Im pretty sure there is a ton of tweaks behind the scenes we never even hear about, the app generally just starts to feel a bight tighter here, a bit tighter there, i was lucky to be kept in the loop on this one because i was chatting to @brambos and @mathieugarcia about it after it was reported on the forum, from what i can tell, BM3 is near enough the tightest MIDI AU host now, but @brambos can correct me on that (that guy knows his biscuits !!)

• I’d gladly update the detect tempo feature in favor of the straight BPM formula. I even think BM2 uses it in the tempo setup panel.

• I have another simple formula for you for a single cycle load mode for the browser too @mathieugarcia ;)

• @mathieugarcia is the ****ing man !!!!!!!!! (Trust me on this)

• @mathieugarcia @5pinlink very exciting indeed. Wouldn't this make tap tempo more accurate as well? It's behavior currently is very strange. Kinda always takes along time to tap tempo.

• Hey there,
    @5pinlink
    Isn't that the same as setting the duration of the sample with the appropriate panel?

• @vincent
    Not sure what you mean, a samples duration is its duration isn't it ?
    I may have missed something entirely though ?

• @5pinlink next to the tempo/signature, you have the sample 'musical' duration, which opens up a panel to set it up.
    It changes the tempo accordingly

• That never worked for me in the past, and i bet it works straight away when i get home and try it lol.

• Hopefully so :)

• @vincent said:
    @5pinlink next to the tempo/signature, you have the sample 'musical' duration, which opens up a panel to set it up.
    It changes the tempo accordingly

Works fine and changes the tempo accordingly in sampler view. Except you can't see the tempo over the ridiculously huge panel. When I use detect tempo you can see the # of ticks in this panel are not reflecting an accurate assignment. This is why @5pinlink's sample formula from the math world needs to be implemented. Detect tempo will work flawlessly after a few cuts of a track or when you find the on grid beats of the electronic music. In the case of a full track where the artist was not on a grid it would just take a little bit more work but so far I've been able to manage.

• Yeah it’s very similar, and with the ticks it is perfect for fine adjust after a hard detect using the above beats method, it definitely works better than the last time I tried it.

• edited January 2018

The precise calculation of tempo using the number of beats is now implemented in 3.0.9.

Also added a small heuristic to "guess" the initial amount of beats. Pretty trivial and works quite well with my test suite of loops.

Cheers,
    Mathieu.

• Congrats guy !!! I’m very happy to ask that question !!

And I would like to ask a feature that was present on BM1 and the killer thing that many persons asked :
    A basic 16/32 step sequencer like fruity loops.

• @mathieugarcia said:
    The precise calculation of tempo using the number of beats is now implemented in 3.0.9.

Also added a small heuristic to "guess" the initial amount of beats. Pretty trivial and works quite well with my test suite of loops.

Cheers,
    Mathieu.

Awesome sauce. Thank you.

• @znomusic said:
    Congrats guy !!! I’m very happy to ask that question !!

And I would like to ask a feature that was present on BM1 and the killer thing that many persons asked :

We have a step sequencer right now, it’s the first screen that is opened when you double tap a pattern, do you mean a step sequencer for single pads too ?

• @5pinlink said:

@znomusic said:
    Congrats guy !!! I’m very happy to ask that question !!

We have a step sequencer right now, it’s the first screen that is opened when you double tap a pattern, do you mean a step sequencer for single pads too ?

I know what you want me to tell about the features already present but, #workflow it the law ! The thing is that this kind of sequence is precise and you can do many things and maybe that is the problem.... we need when searching ideas, something basic and "squared in box" or let use a pun "squared in a Groovebox" : no length for the steps, no need to have 128 tracks, and defined length page pathern ( 8 / 16 / 32 steps ). You could read in forum that GR16 as grooverider is being quit famous because it as this philosophy and that was the most thing à regretted on BM2 ....

I really think that all is here but not exploited has it should be.

To give a solution, simple, just redefine a new “true old school step sequencer" by simplify the template and give it some rigid values.

No swiping screen, no length steps etc... just like bm1, fruity loops, GarageBand step sequencer (for me the best), groove rider, DM1, brambos stuff, imaschine ..... and so on ...

• So basically you want some extra view options for the current step sequencer, like, if pads is in 16 pad mode only show 16 lanes etc

There is an fr already for step sequencer, but that one is more than covered by Rozetta now really.

• Yes exactly ! I think it is easy to make and very helpful this kind of option are, forme very important !

Never forget that music must be easy and not a scientific stuff ( load AU midi, load AU, return to AU, send midi from midi AU to AU ) play .... howww f&&@k (I forgot the midi channel, midi channel 10 ) ... what was the idea ....?

• edited January 2018

Yeah i come from a time where MIDI from sequncer to synthesizer meant rewiring the studio, so to me it is very easy and unscientific, but your point is well made and very true, there is a little too much tab switching and screen changing in BM3 right now ;)

• @5pinlink said:
    Yeah i come from a time where MIDI from sequncer to synthesizer meant rewiring the studio, so to me it is very easy and unscientific, but your point is well made and very true, there is a little too much tab switching and screen changing in BM3 right now ;)

Even I’m sorting all my needs thanks to your advices I must agree it’s a bit too much back and forth.

+1 to tr seq like fruity implemented...

• Tr seq is taken care of by X0X, if you dont have Rozeta it is a huge upgrade to BM3

• @5pinlink said:
    Tr seq is taken care of by X0X, if you dont have Rozeta it is a huge upgrade to BM3

I haven’t but I’m not big fan of AUv3 lately. I prefer to wrk with less possible apps and mostly audio. Anyways I will take a look for that combo :wink:

• Yeah BM3 is not......actually rephrase, IOS is not your best friend for working with audio, at least in BM3 you can change the speed of audio without using timestretch, apparently that is not a thing for all the other 'Enlightened' IOS developers.

I think they missed the last thirty years in dance music where that is not only a common but actually needed technique (Pop/Hip Hop/Rave/DnB/Metal etc etc etc)