'Slice to pads' requires quantising...

The results of the slices are slightly off the grid.

Comments

• @Audiogus said:

It also defaults to velocity 100. Instead of velocity 127.

• @Audiogus said:

@Audiogus When does this happen?
    No my experience with Slice to Pads...

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@Audiogus said:

@Audiogus When does this happen?
    No my experience with Slice to Pads...

It happens to me every time. Maybe zoom in really really really close.

Here are 16 slices over eight bars. Looks normal enough when zoomed out but...

...when I zoom in I can see tiny drift.

Which is bad because when I slice patterns in song view I get tiny micro slices at the very end of the previous bar that still trigger but are on the wrong pattern. Note the first note of bar 2 is now a tiny tiny slice at the end of bar 1.

• edited January 2018

@Audiogus same here. Just confirming. Wonder if we should be tagging Mathieu or 5pinlink in our findings of bugs.

• Sure yah, couldn’t hurt... sup @5pinlink @mathieugarcia

Looks like we got ourselves a slicer bug.

• Out at the moment, will get a test on this tomo and send a vid to Mathieu ;)

• edited January 2018

• @Audiogus haha. 2 for 1 Bug day! Killing me. Yep, that ol slice to pad feature has quantize-failure. Breaks split. Darn slice to pad....

• Yep that's poor, and to be fair would be my poor testing, i did a lot of testing of slicing a few versions back for Mathieu and did not spot this, doh :(

• edited January 2018

OK, i thought i wouldn't have missed this hahaha.
    Can you look in your sample duration please @Audiogus, see if there are some extra ticks, if there is, set it to 0.
    Your grid in the sample editor is set by the sample duration, so if the grid is out by some ticks (Caused by BM3 guessing the sample length, guess being the operative) it will slice a few ticks out.
    I have tried every test i can to replicate the behaviour you are getting and can only replicate it when i don't remove the extra ticks in duration.

Can you let me know if this fixes it @Audiogus ;)

• Hmmmm, no ticks are present, same result...

• Yep never mind, got it to happen ;)

• edited January 2018

@5pinlink said:
    Yep never mind, got it to happen ;)

Ahh, just got the other ‘extra ticks’ bug as well. Thanks for the heads up! I just cropped it to zero.