Latest 3.0.10 can reassign focus actions to plugins now!

edited January 2018 in Support

Didn't know if anyone knew this. I don't know if it works yet as I originally requested this for external controllers, but this is very interesting to say the least. Someone should try reassignment to Rozeta! This is super fast assignment.

Comments

• Yes, brought it back after popular demand :-)

• Yes kick the knowledge down

• __> @d4d0ug said:

@mefisme said:
    Didn't know if anyone knew this. I don't know if it works yet as I originally requested this for external controllers, but this is very interesting to say the least. Someone should try reassignment to Rozeta! This is super fast assignment.

Um could you elaborate a bit please? How do you do it? Cheers

Yeah. Under settings focus actions reassign to device if you have a plugin loaded you can have it control BM3.

• Give me a second guys. I can't get Rozeta to stop triggering scene mode Iike a dance. Lol. I'll do a quick video.

• @mathieugarcia said:
    Yes, brought it back after popular demand :-)

Pardon my language but this is the dopest shit I’ve ever seen in my life. Watching midi control BM3. Lol.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @triton100 I'm thinking you could record the results of rozeta's control for use in a song, just as useful.

• @triton100 said:

@mefisme said:

@mathieugarcia said:
    Yes, brought it back after popular demand :-)

Pardon my language but this is the dopest shit I’ve ever seen in my life. Watching midi control BM3. Lol.

Would this have more benefit for performance as opposed to song creation ?

Really depends. For performance its truly powerful but there isn't any limitations here. We can with one button get a plugin to trigger any number of pads across any number of banks if we wanted to. Or automate repeats. Or trigger macros with a plugin. Or share plugin templates with each other. It's endless. I've got it controlling mutes and solos making interesting effects at the moment. Heck we could have it probably automate the tempo too. I know you can use it to trigger pads independently of banks like link groups. Unfortunately it's so advanced I have to wrap my head around all of this.

It makes sharing way cooler too.

• @ronji said:
    @triton100 I'm thinking you could record the results of rozeta's control for use in a song, just as useful.

Yes. You can.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @triton100 said:
    Woah this sounds really interesting in its potential

Works with any midi capable plugin IAA or AU. Just tried it with arpegginome pro.

• I need to get in on this! Sounds like fun :) Not sure I totally understand how to set it up or what it enables but will try to figure it out later tonight. Thanks for the heads up!
    And for the reinclusion of it as a function @mathieugarcia :)

• @Heyez I will be doing a video soon. Fell asleep last night so didn't get around to it. If you all would like I could set up a quick focus action template for Rozeta XOX so you all can play with it. Want me to?

• @mefisme If you're up for it then I sure would be interested

• @ronji said:
    @mefisme If you're up for it then I sure would be interested

What's your favorite Roz Sequencer Suite Controller? And what would you like to automate/trigger? sequenced repeats? sequenced scenes? sequenced macros? I'll try any and zip up and post here for everyone.

• edited January 2018

This actually doesn't work in some areas as I had expected. Should have known better.

• This seems best used with plugins that do not always autoplay. Think Rozeta's midi trigger mode for example is better if triggering pads versus autoplay because it will visually and physically select the pads when pressing the one pad. Very handy when used in combination with external gear. one button pad/scene triggering is useful. Repeats not sure yet. Bank select automation I'm uncertain who would use this. Macro presets with Rozetta single trigger would be nice if I could assign a default value rather than just the min. Anyone played with this yet?

• @mefisme had a quick look at this. Seemed quite interesting but when assigning rozetta to macros I'm getting audio glitches too often for it to be something worth pursuing from my end. Only had time to try rozetta lfo > zeeon params via macros. Will have another look when get a minute and see if can get something more useable happening with other rozetta plugins and sample pads. Would be soooo good to just be able to use the inbuilt BM3 lfos/env etc on AU params..... Is there a solid workaround that y'all midi gurus are using?

Video of some of the applications for this that you've found to be fun and solid (no heavy audio glitches) would be great if you get a minute :)

Also had quick go at using this method with Collider to trigger macro 1 (param of pitch and saturation on a sample pad). Sounded quite interesting. Not really sure I knew what I was doing with the set up tho ;) Like i seemed to be understanding what I'd set up until I added sample layers to the same pad. But when I then tried to assign the same parameters on those layers to the same macro as layer 1. No joy.. They wouldn't assign/weren't being modulated. But layer 1 was. Confused me and my head was hurting by then so I left it for now ;)

• I wanted to test for the audio glitches you got with Zeeon params, @Heyez, and before I even managed to hook a macro to lfo 2 rate in Zeeon, I was getting audio glitches just by moving the param on the AU knobs page. same glitches when connecting a macro to that param, but no glitches when adjusting the actual knob in the Zeeon interface. wonder what the deal is there.

• @ronji said:
    I wanted to test for the audio glitches you got with Zeeon params, @Heyez, and before I even managed to hook a macro to lfo 2 rate in Zeeon, I was getting audio glitches just by moving the param on the AU knobs page. same glitches when connecting a macro to that param, but no glitches when adjusting the actual knob in the Zeeon interface. wonder what the deal is there.

Yeah was glitching pretty hard. Especially when I switched views. Like opening settings page to check cpu etc. Glitches seemed to peak when I hit button/s.

• edited January 2018

@Heyez @ronji it's fairly experimental at it's current state. Im Finding it only useful for automating certain pad trigger setups, automating scenes, and that's about it so far. It won't automate macros unless the AU your using has recordable parameter Automations itself. And repeats are just tricky themselves because BM3 repeats require an active trigger. So the secret to this is pressing the pad with sample first followed by the pad that has the AU sequencing the repeats. (example:. Rozeta rhythm/XOX). Very cool for preprogrammed repeats.