3.0.10 Update Notes

edited January 2018 in General

Hello dear community!

While we wait for Apple to review the update, here's what's new in BeatMaker 3.0.10:

• You will be prompted before BeatMaker 3 performs a library update / indexing. This will resolve the issue with slow app launch. You can always perform this action from the Settings screen within the app.
  • Indexing of library files is now quicker and more robust.
  • When indexing files and downloading packs from the sound store, make sure the device doesn’t auto-locks.
  • If the library database gets corrupted, BeatMaker 3 will warn you and offer to reset it.
  • Added an option in the iOS Settings app, to reset the database file. This can solve issue with bogus libraries.
  • Added a way to enable or disable the lookahead in the “Dynamics” effect, as well as setting the lookahead time for further tweaking.

Also, It’s always a good idea to backup your precious content made with BeatMaker 3! We have a new tutorial up just to do that with iOS11 Files.app.

Tagged:

Comments

• @mathieugarcia said:
    Hello dear community!

While we wait for Apple to review the update, here's what's new in BeatMaker 3.0.10:

• You will be prompted before BeatMaker 3 performs a library update / indexing. This will resolve the issue with slow app launch.
    • Indexing of library files is now quicker and more robust.
    • When indexing files and downloading packs from the sound store, make sure the device doesn’t auto-locks.
    • If the library database gets corrupted, BeatMaker 3 will warn you and offer to reset it.
    • Added an option in the iOS Settings app, to reset the database file. This can solve issue with bogus libraries.
    • Added a way to enable or disable the lookahead in the “Dynamics” effect, as well as setting the lookahead time for further tweaking.

Also, It’s always a good idea to backup your precious content made with BeatMaker 3! We have a new tutorial up just to do that with iOS11 Files.app.

Have you sorted the UNDO bug in song mode when duplicating patterns on the timeline then undoing them?App crashes

• Not yet but we're on it!

• It’s live!

• edited January 2018

@ronji so is that all the new stinkers introduced in 3.0.9 fixed ?

• @5pinlink I think that’s all of them that came with 3.0.9, at least the big ones that have been found so far!

The reset to default value is 25 ms, goes from 10 to 100 ms, defaults to off. =) now I’m looking forward to trying the limiter on the master chain.

Oh one small bug that was introduced but not yet acknowledged or fixed is the fx scroll bug. The view state is saved properly when closing and reopening the fx panel, but scrolling after reopen jumps to the top of the list.

• Is compressor attack minimum now lower at 0.1 ms? Wasn’t the lowest value 1 ms before?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited January 2018

@ronji said:
    Is compressor attack minimum now lower at 0.1 ms? Wasn’t the lowest value 1 ms before?

I think it is labelled wrong, 0.1ms would be ridiculously fast lol

• I dunno, perhaps there's some measuring that can be done to show what it's actually doing, but you can set all the way between 0.1 and 1.0 in 0.1 ms increments, and then upwards in 1 ms increments. Seems legit!

• edited January 2018

Maybe it’s the new ‘11’ ;)

King

Added: and I don’t mean 3.0.11.

• Hey im not gonna argue, if it goes that low it should pump nuclear blasts lol.

• @5pinlink said:
    Hey im not gonna argue, if it goes that low it should pump nuclear blasts lol.

Can extremely fast attack times (0.1ms) with lookahead be used as a transient shaping effect? Turning the dynamics effect into a sound shaping tool?

• Still getting that pesky visual glitch... is this a known bug?

• @mefisme said:

@5pinlink said:
    Hey im not gonna argue, if it goes that low it should pump nuclear blasts lol.

Can extremely fast attack times (0.1ms) with lookahead be used as a transient shaping effect? Turning the dynamics effect into a sound shaping tool?

Sort of, the attack and decay are sort of for shaping anyway, but you will never get anything like a transient designer (one of the main things missing on IOS, i suspect because there is no Apple TD built into IOS haha)

• @5pinlink was just asking. Was getting some rather interesting audio artifacts when using the expander mode and this and didn't know if the audio engine was just choking. It was Consistent. Guess I could try a resample and see if it caches it.

• Where’s the iPhone release???