Sample path will not save properly

When I use the option to search for the sample it does find it and everything is hooked up properly however when I save and reload the project it keeps telling me this.

Comments

• Have you renamed and/or moved your project in the documents browser?

• @mefisme said:
    Have you renamed and/or moved your project in the documents browser?

No

• When you are saving, you arent saving "with samples" are you ?

• edited December 2017

@Audiogus I’ve had this happen to me a lot. But most of my issues were related to bank relocation, bank renaming, project renaming, project relocating. It can also happen if any of the referenced samples were relocated but not resaved per bank. If you choose search, does it find your samples? Ive also noticed in some of my projects it would say ‘sample not found’ in the sampler view but then as soon as I touched a pad, the sample would instantly show. If you can go through all the pads in each of your banks and find which ones say ‘sample not found’you may be able to diagnose your problem. Tedious and painful I know. :(

Did you save banks or left them unsaved and self contained in your project name.bm3?

• @5pinlink said:
    When you are saving, you arent saving "with samples" are you ?

No

• @mefisme said:
    @Audiogus I’ve had this happen to me a lot. But most of my issues were related to bank relocation, bank renaming, project renaming, project relocating. It can also happen if any of the referenced samples were relocated but not resaved per bank. If you choose search, does it find your samples? Ive also noticed in some of my projects it would say ‘sample not found’ in the sampler view but then as soon as I touched a pad, the sample would instantly show. If you can go through all the pads in each of your banks and find which ones say ‘sample not found’you may be able to diagnose your problem. Tedious and painful I know. :(

Did you save banks or left them unsaved and self contained in your project name.bm3?

When I hit search it does find them. Everything is then hooked up properly. However, If I then save the project, quit bm3, reload bm3 , reload the project, it still tells me the sample cannot be found.

• @Audiogus what banks (if any) have you saved as bank presets? This is important to diagnose your issue. It's a bank related problem I think. It is common for the project save to be referencing an incorrect (duplicate) bank. Trying to find out for you. When did it start?

• My god iOS 11 new files system is really bad in its current state.

• edited December 2017

@mefisme said:
    @Audiogus what banks (if any) have you saved as bank presets? This is important to diagnose your issue. It's a bank related problem I think. It is common for the project save to be referencing an incorrect (duplicate) bank. Trying to find out for you. When did it start?

I have not saved any banks. Now that I think about it one thing I did do was rename an audio track recording (which was not being used in the project anymore), move it to the project folder (containing the .bm3) and load it as a sample.

• In the end I am not too choked as this is the stage where I export the stems and finish it off in a PC daw.

• @Audiogus I’m sorry I can’t help you properly. The only other thing you can do which will definitely tell you the problem is to choose ‘No’ at the ‘some samples could not be found’ screen. Then look on sampler view page while selecting pads to see which one hasn’t been found. You could then clear the pad reload the same sample and resale the project. Should fix it I hope.

• edited December 2017

@mefisme said:
    @Audiogus I’m sorry I can’t help you properly. The only other thing you can do which will definitely tell you the problem is to choose ‘No’ at the ‘some samples could not be found’ screen. Then look on sampler view page while selecting pads to see which one hasn’t been found. You could then clear the pad reload the same sample and resale the project. Should fix it I hope.

Cool, yah that did the trick. :)

For some reason it was looking for [002] on the end of the filename when the file did not have that.

• @Audiogus great! I always use No when this happens. It will give me the referenced samples causing the problem. Helpful tip, share the word if other users have problems.

• That [002] normally means a numbered copy, i wonder if a copy was created somehow then you saved, i have never seen BM3 create a cached copy like that though, very very weird.

• edited January 2018

I have this issue in a number of sessions, I feel like it is a new issue in 3.0.9.

‘No’ gives me errors like this:

Sample not found: var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/ACA38F19-730E-436B-8BF6-40859E179661/Documents/Sessions/sessionname/samples/samplename[00n].wav

Where ‘n’ is 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8.

• edited January 2018

@panoramica said:
    I have this issue in a number of sessions, I feel like it is a new issue in 3.0.9.

‘No’ gives me errors like this:

Sample not found: var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/ACA38F19-730E-436B-8BF6-40859E179661/Documents/Sessions/sessionname/samples/samplename[00n].wav

Where ‘n’ is 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8.

It seems your session is missing your samples. If your samples are named properly and searching the entire BM3 directory finds them, be sure to resave the project. This also happens often when you move a folder with the samples somewhere else that were originally referenced at a different location.

• It looks to me like an autosave issue, that whole feature set needs removing or entirely reworked.

• @5pinlink said:
    It looks to me like an autosave issue, that whole feature set needs removing or entirely reworked.

Hate auto save. Absolutely hate it. Lol. So strong of a word.

• We'll be trying something new in the 3.1 beta regarding auto-save, which is basically a timed, automatic save, just like most software would handle it.

• With an off switch please haha

• Yup, of course!

• Off switch for unsaved sessions too and i will be like a pig in s**t !!!