Calculate/detect temp for slice/selected part of sample

I think it would be useful for this to be implemented. The current implementation calculates the tempo based on beats in the entire sample; for those with any silence at the beginning of a sample or samples where the tempo might change, it isn’t useful.

I am imaging a scenario where; I have a 20 second long sample, and there is a portion of the sample that I would like to have play out for a full bar. I highlight that section of the sample, click calculate tempo and key in 4 beats. The bpms is calculated and now this slice plays for my preferred duration.

I had put in a request previously that can be tacked on here...for there to be an option where the time markers on the sample can fluctuate from having time:0 be the actual beginning of the sample audio file, and the sample start marker on the highlighted portion of the sample. That way, you could manually adjust the bpms and see how many beats/seconds your selected slice would play for.

I think the second solution would actually work better, allowing for more control beyond just number of beats, but I would like to see both.

I know that I can trim a sample and then manipulate from there, but to me that is unnecessarily creating extra files, and both of these solutions seem doable and potentially useful to others.

Thanks.

Comments

• It does this now, instead of using select just move sample start/end, to detect your sample BPM, then put your start and end back wherever you want ;)

• @5pinlink said:
    It does this now, instead of using select just move sample start/end, to detect your sample BPM, then put your start and end back wherever you want ;)

When I tried it this way, I did not find it worked the way you say it should. It seems like no matter what is selected, it's calculating/auto-detecting for the whole sample, not the area between sample start and end. I will try again later today. When I am using time stretch, it's usually not for the purpose of identifying the original BPMs of a sample. It's adjusting the duration of the sample to fit my current project BPM. I realize this may not be the case for most people and this is not necessarily a priority for the developers.