Global Fixed Midi Velocity?

Hello,

I have a question. Maybe it is not possible or i didn‘t found the menu item for it. Is there a possibility to make a „global fixed midi velocity“ where i can say every bank i load is „fixed midi velocity“ as a default value? I like to play my pads this way and later make adjustments if i want to change the velocity. because otherwise i have to save every bank i have after setting the fixed velocity manually (what kinda sucks for me). It could be in the settings menu where i can check a box „fixed midi velocity - on/off“.

Best regards.
Sedat

Comments

• @El_Sed said:
    Hello,

I have a question. Maybe it is not possible or i didn‘t found the menu item for it. Is there a possibility to make a „global fixed midi velocity“ where i can say every bank i load is „fixed midi velocity“ as a default value? I like to play my pads this way and later make adjustments if i want to change the velocity. because otherwise i have to save every bank i have after setting the fixed velocity manually (what kinda sucks for me). It could be in the settings menu where i can check a box „fixed midi velocity - on/off“.

Best regards.
    Sedat

Question:. Is there a particular reason why you need it set as default? It's state saving per project so fixed velocity will stay per bank if you save the project or the banks. Have you thought about having one bank saved with fixed velocity set and just loading that for your sessions multiple times?

• edited January 2018

@El_Sed Actually just tried this with empty pads. You can set it but it forgets the setting without a pad loaded. Good catch. +1 for empty pad fixed midi velocity set.

• @El_Sed in the meantime I’ve built something for you and any users who want preset fixed velocity. I’ll upload the bank in a sec.

• Here you go. Temporary workaround. Use load existing or new layer only. Only did to first 64 pads.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/je3j94xqi6cs0l1/fixed_vel_1-64.zip?dl=0

• edited January 2018

@mathieugarcia what do you think about empty pads having fixed midi velocity able to be enabled per pad and independent of sample load methods? That way we could have a preset bank? Would allow support of controllers without velocity with minimal setup and turn the slider into a volume slider per pad. Would this cause a mess or no since it’s turned off by default anyways?

• @mefisme said:
    @El_Sed in the meantime I’ve built something for you and any users who want preset fixed velocity. I’ll upload the bank in a sec.

Wow! Thank you!!!! Saved this in my bank library. Very helpful!
    Would be cool if i could set this as my default bank ;-)
    Anyway, i will use this manually as my starting point for my projects.

Once again thank you @mefisme!

Best regards
    Sedat

• @El_Sed said:

@mefisme said:
    @El_Sed in the meantime I’ve built something for you and any users who want preset fixed velocity. I’ll upload the bank in a sec.

Wow! Thank you!!!! Saved this in my bank library. Very helpful!
    Would be cool if i could set this as my default bank ;-)
    Anyway, i will use this manually as my starting point for my projects.

Once again thank you @mefisme!

Best regards
    Sedat

Create a new session load this on bank 1, save the session, name it as new session that's how I would do it.

There's a few caveats to this bank I sent you. If you use replace sample, fixed midi will get turned off. Pad loading via existing / new layer don't carry over the sample name when loading. So if you can also remind yourself to name the pads after a load or just change the color. Your call. But it would be nice to assign this for empty pads for sure.

• @El_Sed I believe I sent you this bank preset with a BM3 bug. Could you try showing all pads in mixer view and let me know if BM3 crashes?

• @mefisme said:
    @El_Sed I believe I sent you this bank preset with a BM3 bug. Could you try showing all pads in mixer view and let me know if BM3 crashes?

Hi. I‘m not having issues at all. Thank you again for you efforts!
    Here are the Screenshots where i loaded a bank in it.

• @El_Sed okay good I just experienced a rename issue and was checking to see if you were having problems. Thanks and looks AWESOME!