Rozetta Collider automation?

@brambos collidor is a great addition to rozetta. Thanks! I'm trying to record automation of Collider for collider's Pitch and Key/Scale params in BM3. No luck. Any tips? Or is this not possible?

I have automation rec enabled and I'm on the correct Collider pad/bank. But no automation is being recorded to that track in BM3 when I'm hitting rec.

I have a bank of 64 drum sounds the Collider is triggering and I want to use the mentioned params to further randomise and glide through different kit sections. Not having any luck tho :( What I'm doing sounds right while im performing the automation but it's not being recorded by BM3 sequencer...

Thanks!

Comments

• Right now it's not possible to automate those things.

Technically it would be possible to expose AU Parameters for the UI features in Rozeta plugins, but most variables would not make for great candidates. Besides the fact that they're typically of a 'set-it-and-forget-it' nature, there are many that trigger a complete recalculation or regeneration of the pattern. This could lead to discontinuities that sound more like hickups or resets than interesting musical progressions.

Of course, I could expose them anyway, on a "use at your own risk" basis, but I'm afraid it would lead to a lot of unmet expectations and I'd have to spend a lot of time explaining that to users. Generally it's better not to offer a feature at all, rather than one that doesn't work very well or inconsistently ;)

Having said that, you can use MIDI input in Collider to do live/programmed transpositions if you want to do interesting progressions in your track.

• @brambos thanks for reply. Ah that's a real shame :( could always have a 'risk it' button ;) for those in search of/unafraid of 'hickups' ;) Would increase possibilities 10 fold. For me at least ;) Switching params etc on beats and automating transitions. Would be pretty huge :)

Guess can resample to another BM3 track pattern while I'm tweaking params. No way of snapping that stuff to grid then tho and kind of kills a little of the fun/looseness of some of the random/generative rozetta stuff. But I suppose would make things more manageable overall in terms of BM3 tracks/banks and lead to other possibilities.

Cheers :)

• Lol, I totally missed your last paragraph! Will look in to that. Thanks

• @brambos the more I use the different Rozeta plugins the more I wish I could automate them! ;)

You mentioned being able to expose them but choosing not to.

Maybe a little IAP for a couple of $ to open it up? With a solid warning - 'This particular IAP functionality might not work as expected and result in crashes/errors/lost work. Please buy/use at own risk'?

• Good news: I'm working on automation for Rozeta. Currently have LFO working:

• LFO Rates and Modulation Rates automatable from the GUI
    • Expose AU Parameters and respond to AU Parameter changes
    • Listens to (predefined) MIDI CC

Gonna work my way through all the plugins now. Not every switch and button is going to get the treatment, just the things that make most sense from an automation perspective (and which don't require a near-complete rewrite of code).

B)

• @brambos said:
    Good news: I'm working on automation for Rozeta. Currently have LFO working:

Gonna work my way through all the plugins now. Not every switch and button is going to get the treatment, just the things that make most sense from an automation perspective (and which don't require a near-complete rewrite of code).

B)

OMG, Yes!

• Now we just need usable automation in BM3 haha

• @brambos not sure if your implementation will include a switch from auto play/midi trigger. I am experiencing a small bug with Rozeta plugins, and don’t know if it’s BM3 or Rozeta where midi trigger mode is not working and everything is auto playing regardless of setting. Have you experienced this?

• @brambos said:
    Good news: I'm working on automation for Rozeta. Currently have LFO working:

B)

Amazing! Nice one dude :) Excited for this!

• @brambos said:

So glad this is happening :) Exactly the kind of thing I had in mind that prompted me to start this thread, stoked it's on its way :) And being able to manually automate along BM3 tracks will be amazing. Becoming pretty modular in here all of a sudden ;) Might look at getting some extra controllers to dedicate to individual rozetta instances!

Really hope we see midi routing at some point in BM3 that allows multiple rozettas > single instrument type flexibility. Future's bright!

• Rozeta updates looking really great. So many happy moments when being a Rozeta owner :)

You can't do multiple Rozeta > single instrument in BM3? Well, that is super simple in AUM, btw.

• Yes! My SL MKii Zero has arrived as well so I have knobs at the ready... Top work, @brambos!

• This update just dropped =)

• Update is live. I have also updated the guide on ruismaker.com with an overview of all the parameters that can be automated now.

Have fun! :)

• @brambos said:
    Update is live. I have also updated the guide on ruismaker.com with an overview of all the parameters that can be automated now.

Have fun! :)

Woot woot.

• @brambros I’m pretty sure your suite have allowed me to create link groups across banks in BM3. I’ll have to test but Awesome.

• Nevermind. It works but audio glitches. Oh well.