Moving key

Having programmed in a bassline in Rozeta in two sections in different keys, I then recorded that down to midi and stopped the sound from responding to Rozeta.

Coming back to this save after a couple of updates, I find that the bassline now sounds different! The recorded midi has now changed key! So, I went and looked at the Rozeta baseline and low and behold that had changed key too!

This seems to have happened on two separate savesof different songs.

These are just odd song part ideas and hardly important, but it’s a really odd happening. The things that are the same are the following:

A Rozeta baseline has changed key each time.
Recorded midi has changed key each time.
It is the same bass sound on two different song part saves!
So far, I have not found this to have happened anywhere else or with any other Rozeta parts that have been recorded to a midi track.
The two changes are both on saves that have not been used since updates with both BM3 and Rozeta.

Or maybe I’m just going nuts lol

Comments

• edited January 2018

Was the Bassline plugin transposed when it was recorded to MIDI? This won't persistently change the key and won't be saved in the project (as it's just a real-time performance feature). That still doesn't explain why the recorded MIDI sounds different though, just why it doesn't match the key that's displayed in the plugin.

• Yep, I had transposed it at one point, but sure I fixed it all as I used to just load up the BM3 save and play before I recorded the notes and it played where I wanted each time.

As you say though, it really does not explain the changes in the midi notes. The only other thing I can think of is that the midi notes have changed to a copy of another track that is an octave below.

I’ve sorted it now, but it’s just such an odd thing that I can’t explain or even duplicate. It’s even more odd that it’s only happened on that one sound on two saves!

I doubt it’s Rozeta as if it was, something would have happened on other saved tracks where I’ve done similar.

I don’t think I will ever get to the bottom of this one and seems very unlikely it’s a reapeating bug....more just one of those really odd faults when I’ve saved BM3.

Thanks for your answer though @brambos

• edited January 2018

Have you checked whatever it is triggering hasnt detuned ?

• It’s a preset imported from one of the BM2 addon packs. The sound is called 80’s Bass. Can’t see any other changes.

Maybe I did something and then saved the changes without realising, but then I must have done the same to the other save too!

I had thought it could be that the sound bank had changed somehow, but that still would not explain why the now non linked Rozeta baselines had changed too!

Anyway, not to worry. Seems it’s just an odd occurrence with no other Rozeta recorded midi or baselines changing on any other saves.

• I just cant get this to hapoen no matter what i do, could it have been user error ?

• Yeah I would never rule out user error when I’m unable to replicate it ;)

• I'm gonna move this to support for now and if we get a confirm i will move it back to bugs and list it ;)

• I’ve had something else happen from a save that may or may not be related. I will list my steps here that may or may not be related to what has happened, but may help:

1. I downloaded the Basses and drums bundle pack.
    2. I restarted my iPad.
    3. I loaded up my save The Eighty Days, which is a short section of music
    4. A1 has BeatHawk loaded as an AU, with one of my kits and a Fairlight sound loaded.
      B1 has BeatHawk loaded as an AU, with one of my kits and an upright bass sound.
      C1 has a Rozeta bassline loaded - was used to record the midi for A1 but now midi’d to E1
      D1 has a Rozeta bassline loaded - was used to record the midi for B1 but now not used at all.
      E1 has a BeatMaker 3 sound and is played via midi from a Rozeta bassline on C1.
      This all played ok, but I wanted to try some of the new bass sounds I had downloaded.
    5. I replaced the 2 beatmaker instances with two of the new sounds from beatmaker packs.
    6. I did not like the changes so reloaded the beatmaker instances, but they did not load the correct sounds, so without saving, I reloaded the normal The Eighty Days save from the sessions tab.
    7. The new load had the instances of BeatHawk back in place, yet the 2nd one had changed kits and had a new sound. I find this quite common with BeatHawk.
    8. On trying to play, I noticed that the Rozeta bassline playing was now not as before - I found that both basslines have now lost their sequences and are back to initial setups. I’ve tried reloading the save a few times and the Rozeta instances are now always initialised. I have tried restarting my iPad and no changes to what has happened above.
    9. Making changes to the instances of BeatHawk resulted in a strange slow down of any key presses on the AU windows. This has now stopped.

I have definetly not saved since these changes have happened. I have not loaded the auto saves. I have definetly not cleared or otherwise changed anything in the instances of Rozeta. I have not used any other apps excepting for Safari while this has happened.

Luckily I have the two recorded midi instances of the Rozeta basslines that have gone, so I can use these, but changes are definetly happening to Rozeta and they are not being reloaded by saves.

• I’ve had something else happen from a save that may or may not be related. I will list my steps here that may or may not be related to what has happened, but may help:

1. I downloaded the Basses and drums bundle pack.
    2. I restarted my iPad.
    3. I loaded up my save The Eighty Days, which is a short section of music
    4. A1 has BeatHawk loaded as an AU, with one of my kits and a Fairlight sound loaded.
      B1 has BeatHawk loaded as an AU, with one of my kits and an upright bass sound.
      C1 has a Rozeta bassline loaded - was used to record the midi for A1 but now midi’d to E1
      D1 has a Rozeta bassline loaded - was used to record the midi for B1 but now not used at all.
      E1 has a BeatMaker 3 sound and is played via midi from a Rozeta bassline on C1.
      This all played ok, but I wanted to try some of the new bass sounds I had downloaded.
    5. I replaced the 2 beatmaker instances with two of the new sounds from beatmaker packs.
    6. I did not like the changes so reloaded the beatmaker instances, but they did not load the correct sounds, so without saving, I reloaded the normal The Eighty Days save from the sessions tab.
    7. The new load had the instances of BeatHawk back in place, yet the 2nd one had changed kits and had a new sound. I find this quite common with BeatHawk.
    8. On trying to play, I noticed that the Rozeta bassline playing was now not as before - I found that both basslines have now lost their sequences and are back to initial setups. I’ve tried reloading the save a few times and the Rozeta instances are now always initialised. I have tried restarting my iPad and no changes to what has happened above.
    9. Making changes to the instances of BeatHawk resulted in a strange slow down of any key presses on the AU windows.

I have definetly not saved since these changes have happened. I have not loaded the auto saves. I have definetly not cleared or otherwise changed anything in the instances of Rozeta. I have not used any other apps excepting for Safari while this has happened.

• Accidental repeat post

• edited January 2018
    1. I replaced the 2 beatmaker instances

You actually mean replaced the 2 beathawks right ?
    That is a bug that has been reported to UVI, they said it would be fixed in next update, they lied, not a company i have or would ever invest in on the desktop, and so it seems on mobile is the same, luckily i got beathawk free

As for the Rozeta issues, you will need to send those to @brambos, i haven't had those issues yet, but if they are reproducible, he will fix them for sure ;)

• Thanks for the info on BeatHawk - will start using alternatives.

Will contact @brambos :)

• @Fruitbat1919 could this possibly be a Files management issue if you are working in a single session folder but changing banks around?

• @mefisme

I could understand it with the BeatHawk thing, but that is clarified as a fault with BeatHawk.

The Rozeta changes I can’t see how they would be due to file management though.
    Unless the auto saves are affecting the normal saves, I can’t see how and then I would have expected others to have seen something if it’s an issue that is a bug. The thing that confuses myself is how a change in one app (the Rozeta baseline sequence disappearing) has found its way onto the actual save file? The sequences have always saved and reloaded fine before now, but I have not used these saves since updates in BM3 and Rozeta, so the fault is somewhere.

I’m sure in this later instance that I’ve been loading the correct save and not the auto save. I’m have also not messed with the Rozeta banks, so they have changed due to something an apps doing - I’ve definetly never saved the Rozeta instances as Banks, so doubtful it’s to do with that.

As far as file structure goes, the only thing I can think of is I have somehow got corrupted save files? Or maybe it’s just Rozeta has a loading issue, but I’m sure I would have seen it on other saves and someone else would experience it too. (Shrugs) I’m quite lost to what is occurring at the moment lol

• One thing I have noticed that all the saved tracks that have had problems have in common - they all have instances of BeatHawk in them. Now that may just be coincidence.

• edited January 2018

@Fruitbat1919 I was just curious because there is a bug with bank referencing and session saves/auto saves that I haven’t gotten around to posting a thread yet for users/devs and this could be exactly what your experiencing. Have you at any point saved the banks from this session?

• @mefisme

Nope not saved any banks this session at all.

• edited January 2018

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    @mefisme

Nope not saved any banks this session at all.

How about leaving idle for long period of time or switching apps, Notice save location reference goes missing like your previously saved session turned into an unsaved session?

• Yeah left idle for long periods and have switched apps.

As for saved location reference going missing, not sure what you mean by that? Not noticed any saves disappearing, just changing content such as the Rozeta sequences changing. So, I presume it’s a possibility that the auto save (that would have the faulty load of Rozeta on) could be loading on the what I am presuming as non auto save - could this be a bug? Somehow the loaded saves after the loads have gone faulty (for whatever reason) are becoming the auto saves instead (unsaved session)? I see that as a possibility.

• edited January 2018

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    Yeah left idle for long periods and have switched apps.

As for saved location reference going missing, not sure what you mean by that? Not noticed any saves disappearing, just changing content such as the Rozeta sequences changing. So, I presume it’s a possibility that the auto save (that would have the faulty load of Rozeta on) could be loading on the what I am presuming as non auto save - could this be a bug? Somehow the loaded saves after the loads have gone faulty (for whatever reason) are becoming the auto saves instead (unsaved session)? I see that as a possibility.

Oh yeah it’s a bug I just haven’t gotten around to posting it. For some reason, after long idles your project becomes an auto saved project.im going to have to replicate it to prove it but it’s happened to me numerous times. The only way I found out was when I tried saving a project that was already loaded. It asked me to name it. I was like...uhhhh? The other maybe BUG is that if you collect banks and patterns, The session itself changes to that session, but the banks reference old ones. This is why I asked if you saved any banks.

• Neither of those are bugs, they are just really poorly implemented but bith behaviours are expected, i would wait for the next release, @mathieugarcia has already mentioned they are working on those for next release :)

• @5pinlink awesome and good deal. Guess I missed the mention or forgot.

• @5pinlink @mefisme

Well thanks for all your help both of you. Looks very likely this is what is happening. It makes sense to what I’ve had happen today.

Will get in touch with @brambos if any more Rozeta sequences go walkabouts lol

• edited January 2018

My first guess is that an incorrect save-state is being pushed to Rozeta. I have no idea why else a plugin instance would randomly change its own settings?

• @brambos said:
    My first guess is that an incorrect save-state is being pushed to Rozeta. I have no idea why else a plugin instance would randomly change its own settings?

This could be also why my midi trigger mode for your plugins will turn into auto play without me knowing.