BUG: oversized document covers controls (RESOLVED FUTURE UPDATE, NOT CLOSED)

edited February 2018 in Support

Comments

• Somebody else had this but i cant remember what the thread was called, sorry.

• @5pinlink said:
    Somebody else had this but i cant remember what the thread was called, sorry.

I know I looked all over for it. It's essentially a big drag and drop file that does nothing.

• It looks "funny" -- and yeah that's the drag'n'drop acting up. Any steps to reproduce?

• @mathieugarcia said:
    It looks "funny" -- and yeah that's the drag'n'drop acting up. Any steps to reproduce?

I may have tapped files in document browser and then went idle.

• @mathieugarcia actually I didn't tap files. I just left the document browser open and then went idle. Came back. Big paper.

• edited January 2018

Thanks @ronji. So I read through that and I'm thought it would be good to tag @znomusic in this one since he had the issue as well. Maybe we can make it reproducable. I do not think this is AU related as this happened to me in a state where I was not working on anything but some bank rebuilds for organization.

Last night I went through intervals of 5 minutes using a stopwatch and each time checked BM3 to see if I could get the bug to happen. 5 10 15 nothing. I was plugged in. Eventually fell asleep. This morning..nothing. :neutral: hmm.

• I’ll check it thanks @mefisme

• @znomusic said:
    I’ll check it thanks @mefisme

Appreciate ya. If it happens again and if you want to help solve this one, just let someone know the last few steps you did. Don't go hunting for the bug unless that's your thing. :)

• Making a big file part 1: perhaps not 100% necessary, as you think you would remember this happening, but file is dragged and then screen is locked.

SCREEN IS LOCKED WHILE FILE IS HELD, THEN UNLOCKED
    Making a big file part 2: now I see a lil file, but how to make it big? drag another file and BAM. let's try it again tho

SCREEN IS AGAIN LOCKED WHILE FILE IS HELD, THEN UNLOCKED
    Making a big file part 3: no it didn't help, it made it a bit worse by stacking. you can still use BM3 tho

• Dang @ronji killed it! Except I didn't drag any files while simultaneously locking. Which might mean this can happen without and the previously remembered undo state might have been the cause.

• Does it happen when you change your mind about drag and drop?

• Yeah, I have a feeling it's related, but probably not exactly what y'all did. It's probably a latching thing. Here's another way without locking!

• @mefisme said:
    Does it happen when you change your mind about drag and drop?

technically, I suppose that might be part of it somehow, the fact that you dragged but perhaps did not drop on a pad or track, but I have dragged and released files on the browser or off the edges of the screen without anything unexpected happening at all. still trying to get this to happen otherwise.

• got it to happen when dragging a file and tapping the Files app icon, essentially latching the first file, then file gets big when I drag another file.

• @ronji said:
    got it to happen when dragging a file and tapping the Files app icon, essentially latching the first file, then file gets big when I drag another file.

Interesting...so it happens more frequently with the mutitouch latching issues. Uh oh latches have decided to move on to other things.

• @ronji this explains why I thought it was happening during idle. A latch of a sample either drag and dropped or when using load methods will apparently cause this when app goes to sleep or is running in background. Can't confirm right now as I don't have iPad, but you are knocking em dead with these vids! I hope you're still having enough time to make music. Lol.

• edited January 2018

I don't know but the finger recognition behavior in BM3 feels unfinished. I know @mathieugarcia is investigating the previous latch thread I posted. I consider this an inclusion to that.

@ronji The only way I know to confirm it's a latch would be to try to get it to do so on controls we know don't latch.

• @mefisme yeah haha. And also the iTunes icon, if it's there, but I couldn't get it to latch on any other in app things. I just got it to latch when dragging a file and exiting the app to the home screen, or dragging a file and opening the app switcher screen, but couldn't do any drag from edge things while dragging a file. I think that's enough for me for now haha. =)

• @ronji. Definitely man, you squashed this cockroach to pieces. Music time. Lol. ;)

• edited January 2018

That it : when you drag two files in the same time
    Even when you drag a file and you just touch a second one

• Yup, confirmed!

• @mathieugarcia said:
    Yup, confirmed!

Cool.

@ronji @znomusic Good work community! <3 this forum.

• @mefisme said:

@mathieugarcia said:
    Yup, confirmed!

Cool.

@ronji @znomusic Good work community! <3 this forum.

Thanks