FR - Delete (or 'purge') unused patterns

edited December 2017 in Feature Requests
During the course of composing a track I often accumulate a lot of patterns that are redundant or no longer needed.

I would love to be able to 'delete all unused patterns' from the pattern helper for each bank.

In this case, 'unused' would mean the pattern does not appear in either song or scene mode

Comments

• good suggestion

• Yeah its normally called purge or such, definitely usefulon saving too if you are archiving "purge unused samples" "purge unused groups" "purge unused sequence data"

• Purge sounds good to me.

I often go into song mode, set loop markers, hit record and let BM3 create patterns for me on-the-fly. This means I end up merging and splitting patterns all over the place, and after a short while I've created tons of purge fodder.

Sounds like it should be easy to implement.

• YES! I have a pile of big audio tracks that I won't use. But because I was dumb and didn't name them in an easily identifiable way I don't know which ones I can manually delete. I thought maybe using Save As with samples might save just the samples I ended up using but nope. It saves all the unused samples too. I need a purge!
  • edited December 2017
    I was just thinking...

It would also be nice to extend this idea of purging to the 'unsaved sessions' folder in the file browser.

This could avoid accidentally deleting audio samples in these folders that are still used/referenced in saved sessions. BM3 would have to trawl each session on my iPad and check if any of them reference samples stored in the unsaved sessions folder(s).

(Note - I once flushed my 'unsaved sessions' folder completely and lost a bunch of great audio samples I made prior to saving various projects... I foolishly didn't stop to consider that deleting unsaved sessions might affect samples used in my 'saved' sessions :()
  • purge defo needed.

• +1 for Purge

• Automatically or by choice?

• By choice; per bank.

It would probably appear as a command at the bottom of the pattern helper strip

• @tk32 said:
    By choice; per bank.

Now I will +1 it. :)

• @tk32 said:
    By choice; per bank.

Wow. Double +1 ;-)