Omni mode for hardware MIDI only

Long time lurker, first time poster and all that.

Now AU MIDI is a thing, omni mode is becoming less and less convenient. I almost never want Rozeta routing to my current selected bank, but losing omni mode for my hardware controllers is a pain. It would be useful if there were an option for omni from hardware only, ignoring virtual MIDI, or if omni ignored any banks with custom MIDI routing.

Comments

• Yeah there was a discussion about this a couple weeks back, a dropdown underneath the omni with a list of attached hardware would be ideal.

• edited February 2018

@5pinlink said:
    Yeah there was a discussion about this a couple weeks back, a dropdown underneath the omni with a list of attached hardware would be ideal.

This would break the ability to have bank setups that are listening to more than two or more hardware devices in a single bank. Omni settings need to be per bank IMO.

• edited February 2018

No it wouldn't.
    It would just route only the selected hardware MIDI input to the selected pad, it would have no influence on any other MIDI at all.

• @5pinlink said:
    No it wouldn't.
    It would just route only the selected hardware MIDI input to the selected pad, it would have no influence on any other MIDI at all.

Hmm. Guess I don't fully understand the influence of OMNI here. Because when OMNI is on, all hardware is routed to the focused bank isn't it completely overriding single channel/multichannel per pad (it doesn't work right anyways but..) Then if the setting for OMNI was on for let's say a specific controller. That specific controller would no longer be able to use it's independent channels across all banks. So then how would this work in tandem with pads. Would users have to reassign every single pad individually?

• Omni is pad not bank, so all MIDI is routed to selected pad, unless it is broken, because that is what it says underneath it.
    So an omni with an input selector would allow you to select your main master keyboard, then whenever you select a pad it would play that pad, but it says nothing about disrupting any other MIDI which it should not do.

Basically it is just a simple way to set up a main master keyboard, which i think was always its main intent, but now with MIDI AU, it needs to be input specific.

• edited February 2020

This is overlooked and really important!
    I think the better option to implement it would be something in this order -
    Midi hardware is Omni and the selected bank/pad will receive midi like it works right now.
    But... if I change the midi input configuration of a pad/bank it should override the Omni settings on the specific pad.